PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, what time can i start mowers??

wozzzzza
19th Feb 2011, 01:47 PM
queensland, cairns, what time on sunday mornings am i allowed to start mowing the lawns etc..?

Ashore
19th Feb 2011, 01:53 PM
Whenever you like , won't worry me :rolleyes:

ibuildbenches
19th Feb 2011, 02:34 PM
If you dont wanna **** off all the young guys with hangovers, I'd say about 10am. :)

Bloss
19th Feb 2011, 02:38 PM
I agree with Ashore, but :google2: is your friend . . . :2tsup:

queensland, cairns, what time on sunday mornings am i allowed to start mowing the lawns etc..?

Environmental Nuisance noise standards - Cairns Regional Council (http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/environment/environmental-protection/environmental-nuisances/environmental-nuisance-noise-standards)

Regulated devices (including power tools and lawn mowers)
Monday to Saturday
7am - 7pm regulated devices may be used
7pm - 7am no audible noise permitted
Sundays and Public Holidays
8am - 7pm regulated devices may be used
7pm - 8am no audible noise permitted

wozzzzza
19th Feb 2011, 11:43 PM
ah ya found it bloss, i tried but couldnt come up with anything useful, probably wrong terms again in google and lack of patience.
thanks.

stevoh741
20th Feb 2011, 02:21 AM
if you have bastard neighbours that keep you awake "on the piss" and cranking music till 3am then 6 am is a good time on sun morn to mow. Also when you get to the shortest distance from their bedroom windows, leave the mower running, go have a shower, get some breakky, floss your teeth etc then come back at 7am to put more fuel in so you can leave it running while you go to church. I may or may not have bastard neighbours that keep me up..........

fatenhappy
20th Feb 2011, 04:17 AM

At 1 minute past 8 and make sure the mufflers off for all the good old boys that got home at 5 AM ..... :U

nww1969
20th Feb 2011, 10:13 AM
if you have bastard neighbours that keep you awake "on the piss" and cranking music till 3am then 6 am is a good time on sun morn to mow. Also when you get to the shortest distance from their bedroom windows, leave the mower running, go have a shower, get some breakky, floss your teeth etc then come back at 7am to put more fuel in so you can leave it running while you go to church. I may or may not have bastard neighbours that keep me up..........

Yep, done this with my 50 year old rotary hoe , has a rusted off muffla.

I have my neighbours well trained now for nothing before 9am.

stevoh741
20th Feb 2011, 11:30 PM
I have my neighbours well trained now for nothing before 9am.

well done. Mine have gone from about 1 bender a fortnight to 1 every 4 months. The latest we get it now is about 11pm. Persistance and a crap mower is the key....:U