GOOD NEWS EVERYONE:
We are expecting our second child late January.
Not so good is that between my wife's morning sickness and her staring a new job, my child minding duties have taken even more construction time away.
There has been a little progress however and I hope to start the big push with the middle level very soon.
The Rehau plumbing and electrical conduit were foamed in plus some holes and gaps filled.
The foam cut back and walls ready for the direct stick of fibre cement sheet.
Thanks for the comments Bricks, much appreciated. In regard to the fixing of the Rehau fittings to steel plates, there are rubber gaskets provided to insulate the brass fitting from the fixing surface to combat the very problem you spoke about. I used brass screws as well, so hopefully there will be no problems with de-zincification.
The workshop toilet has been lined with fibre cement sheet and flushing started. Unfortunately I have been unable to have the floor tiles laid yet as rain keeps working its way onto the toilet floor and flooding the setdown. This is one of the biggest problems with trying to jump ahead with the lower level construction before the main house and roof is in place.
Here is one of the brackets seen earlier fixed to the "outside" of the toilet wall. The Rehau fitting is fixed to the bracket and a length of running nipple passed through the wall for the connection to the cistern.
This is the other bracket for the hot and cold supply to the sink in the workshop. This wall is set away (approx 1m) from the rock bank and so I have permanent access to the plumbing and other services located here.
We had a couple of dry days recently, so the foam gun out came again and all the gaps and holes in the retaining wall were filled. Probably overkill (again) but as I only get the one chance to waterproof this wall I want it to be perfect. On a friends ICF job the paint on waterproofing membrane had a tendency to draw into gaps and form cracks which required reinforcing tape to fix. I am hoping to avoid this issue although I will reinforce all the joints with tape to be sure.
I have cut back and sanded about half of the wall so far and hopefully we will get a few more dry days this week to allow me to finish and start waterproofing. I am using an air powered Shinano 8" angled head polisher with a sanding disc to even out the foam blocks.