I'm relying on you guys (and girls) to save me again.
Story - just bought a new house. It already has an antenna on the roof with cabling running down to two points in the house. Reception from these points is absolutely terrible. Not even recognisable.
I had the foxtel guy out yesterday to connect the pay TV, but he was too busy to accept my offer to fix the free to air.
The antenna only has horizontal bars - not vertical and horizontal like most of the other antennas around. It does, however, have a booster box on the mast. This runs down to the roof level where there is a F connector splitter. Then two separate cables running down into the house.
1. does the type of antenna make a difference?
2. the picture is so terrible, that I am hardly sure if it is actually working at all. When I pull the plug out of the TV, the picture goes to complete static.
3. Given I have only moved 2 streets across, I presume I wouldn't need to re-tune the picture on the TV, just fiddle with the aerial until it gets a better reception. Is that right?
4. Apart from trying to match the angles of the other antennas in the street, are their any tricks to getting better reception?
5. Unfortunately, a STB is not an option as I already have many, many devices plugged into the amp and SWMBO wants something simple that she understands.