Thread: Fixing a flickmixer
- 27th Jun 2005, 11:03 AM #1
Fixing a flickmixer
The flickmixer tap on our kitchen sink has started to leak a little bit around the base of the mixer lever so I figure that the equivelent of a washer needs replacing.
I've never done this on a FM tap before. I don't really even know where to start.
Anybody ever fixed one of these things? How difficult is it? Do you need special tools?
Do I have to call a plumber?
- 27th Jun 2005, 01:01 PM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2004
- Parkdale Vic
You may be able to do it easily with no special tools. You need to be able to get the handle off, there is usually an allan key hidden under the brand plate. Unscrew this. Take a spanner to the large lock nut on the top of the tap and give it a little tweek. May fix the problem until you can buy a washer kit.
- 27th Jun 2005, 01:07 PM #3
We had one develope a leak, not a genuine flickmixer, cheaper to replace than put a new ceramic washer in.
New tap cost $60 with 2 year warranty, washer kit was $90.Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.
- 28th Jun 2005, 06:47 PM #4Originally Posted by Iain
Cheers MartinWhatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)
- By Dan_ms in forum DECKINGReplies: 11Last Post: 13th Apr 2008, 01:07 PM
- By ptrott in forum PLUMBINGReplies: 6Last Post: 17th Apr 2007, 09:58 PM
- By Aangelique1611 in forum PLASTERINGReplies: 7Last Post: 8th Jun 2006, 05:44 PM
- By ausdesign in forum PLASTERINGReplies: 16Last Post: 15th May 2006, 08:45 PM