zeeeb is offline Apprentice (new member)

Default toilet with a small depth, where to get

I have an old house and we are going to be renovating the toilet. The space is very small for the toilet. Most of the toilets i've seen have a depth of 665. which is too much. our current toilet sits out 640 from the wall and you hit the toilet seat with the door when you open it.

Does anyone know of any toilets that sit less than 640 out from the wall?

thanks

piscean is offline Senior Member

Caroma do a vintage one that is 630 min but the size varies depending on which seat you're going to use. I quite like the look of these vintage toilets but it might not be the style you're after although if your house is very old it may fit perfectly with the house.

http://www.caroma.com.au/product-ran...r-toilet-suite

i had a look at the vintage, i quite like it, becuse our house was built in 1910 so it suits, but DP doesn't like it. but it looks like caroma have a pretty wide range that fit within the right ranges. Thanks for that.

rrobor Guest

Ok just a thought, My Mums old house in UK was a few hundred years old. The guy that bought it heaved out the toilet and fitted an old chain type. He used a wooden box and lined it with lead. Doing that you get rid of the cistern and can push the pan back to the wall.
    Another quick thought, how about having the door open out.

prozac is offline Novice

RAK Compact. Distance wall to rim 615mm. http://www.rakbathware.com.au/contact.html

piscean is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeeeb View Post
    i had a look at the vintage, i quite like it, becuse our house was built in 1910 so it suits, but DP doesn't like it. but it looks like caroma have a pretty wide range that fit within the right ranges. Thanks for that.
    great I didnt think any of the standard ones would fit so Im glad you found something else there. I 've been looking around at toilets so I had that one bookmarked. dont forget to post some before and after photos of the makeover

i will post some pics when i get it done.

our plumber has told us he will be able to get a toilet to fit, so that's good, gets the problem off of my hands. I'm no princess about look / style, as long as it works and is reasonably comfy and not cheap and plasticy, i don't really care too much, it is, after all just a loo. and i'm not going for some major design award, just a basic bathroom that doesn't leak and doesn't have lino (yep, that's right!) on the walls will be a huge improvement for us.

LinkBacks (?)