Australia's largest renovations forum

Hire the best painter and save up to 40%

Go

painting kitchen benchtop

Apprentice (new member)

Default painting kitchen benchtop

hi ya.. does anyone know the paint that can paint ova kitchen benchtops that r laminated?? cheers

White Knight do a paint that can paint over laminate, have never tried it so no idea how hard wearing it would be.

G'day,

Have read else where it's really only suitable for vertical surfaces, I'd go new tops, you can get a new set of postform tops for between $700-$1000 for the average u-shape with a bit of overhang on 1 side for an island bar if you have that kind of lay out and diy install. Yes you may need to re tile, and if you need a plumber to dis/reconnect the sink and hotplate you'll be out $$$ there too. Depends what you want/need the update for i guess?

A sheet of laminate is about $200ish, and applying this over the top isn't hugely difficult if you have some tools and glue!
    DIY electrical wiring to AS/NZS3000 - details here - http://goo.gl/9d33T (PDF file)

Have a look at this old thread www.renovateforum.com/f200/quick-fix-kitchen-benchtops-76532/

I used White Knight Tile and Laminate paint (I think that's what it's called) on my benchtops. Three and a half years later still going strong. There are a couple of little chips but for a budget makeover it's fine. My laminate was slightly textured so it helped hide the brush marks. Takes a few weeks to really harden, go easy on it for the first month.
    Remember the 7 p's.
    Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

I used a White Knight laminate paint for the benchtops of a unit that I prepared for sale. Used with an appropriate primer from the same range and it looked good. I wish I sprayed it, to be honest, but even brushed and sanded between coats it made a huge difference to the kitchen. I also used it for the old 70's era kitchen cabinets and it worked a treat.

Give it a few weeks to really harden before you use it though. It's oil based so it'll take some time to dry.