Pool deck spotted gum

Default Pool deck spotted gum

Thanks to ute mad's cleaning instructions I cant be more happier with the outcome of my pool deck in spotted gum 65mm boards.
    When I cleaned the new boards I couldnt believe the stuff comming off, eg when I hit with just water a foam water came off then I cleaned with nappisan and its was like the boards had been through the washing machine.

Here a few pics of the job so far. Putting on a trussed roof when summer comes. 2 coats of feast watson decking oil, the posts are merbau 90x90.

After this job I will only ever use hardwood decking, you just cant beat it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deck-b4.jpg   deck6.jpg   deck10.jpg   deck11.jpg   deck5.jpg  

Heres a close up of the deck oiled, the other shots were just water on the new boards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deck3.jpg  

q9

Nice job!

My brother had a pine deck around his pool - numerous rotten pieces and it developed holes everywhere. He replaced those rotten boards with hardwood, so I think you're onto something...
    Semtex fixes all

Nice work Barney, deck looks great. With 'the bloke' finishing up with the laserlite above our deck tomorrow morning, I'll be hitting out deck with Utemad's brilliant help advice this weekend to give the deck a clean. Will be a big job, but hoping a novice like me can get it right. Your results inspire me also!

Look forward to seeing some pics, I couldnt believe it when I hosed the boards down and foam appeared.The nappisan does the job, $30 for a broom and 30 mins for the clean good luck.

Thanks Barney, fingers crossed. Will start a new thread for the boards once it all starts up. Apparently we were one laserlite sheet short... Will be looking at the weather carefully as I don't want to start the refurb excercise while the weather is a bit up and down.