Free timber from flemington - melbourne

Default Free timber from flemington - melbourne

Hi All,

Have come across a small problem with getting the Melbourne Cup show garden removed with the guys in Melbourne.

So here is a once in a lifetime offer

This structure needs to be removed this Sunday 12th and Monday 13th, all the plants will be going elsewhere, everything else is yours to take for FREE, including the pavers, .
    NOTE: There was two pallet loads of pavers so be prepared for such a quantity.
    We used just over $12,000 in timber to build this, nearly $5000 in pavers under the pavers and grass is yellow tongue which is probably ok but can be disposed of as there will be a skip bin on site on Monday.

The entire structure is raised off the ground and built from MGP10 240x45 H3, with various other H3 timber used throughout, decking is 90mm Merbau, the 240x45 will be in lengths from approx 4.8m - 6m.

The swing is made from H3 dressed primed 112 x 112 at around $42 per lm

This Sunday and Monday will be the only removal days

Everything has to be cleaned up by Monday no exceptions, I will be flying back Monday and cannot deal with any problems after that, the VJC is very adamant is all has to go by close of gates Monday

You will need probably three people to help with the removal, each of the pergola posts weigh around 150Kg, they are not concreted in and should come out with a bit of force. these can be dismantled once removed, these are made from 150x50 H4 sleepers.

The 4 cannons are approximately 540 x 540 x 2.4m, completely covered in Merbau (nailed on) and can be easily turned into outdoor seating with a few modifications, these weigh around 80Kg each

You will be required to do a short induction by the VJC on Monday morning.

You will need to bring all tools and appropriate transport to remove everything you want.

I will only have a 6 cubic skip bin, so anything not wanted needs to fit in this.

I envisage the following will end up in the skip.
    Around 30 yellow tongue sheets (these need to be cut in half to fit in the bin) unless you want to take them, they will most likely be ok but may have swelled a little.
    Around 8 sheets of Blueboard
    Approximately 1-2 cubic of soil

I think the rest will be perfectly salvageable.

If you are a one old man band I cannot help you with this, YOU need to bring all the labour and tools necessary to dismantle it, and you cannot only take some of it, you need to take everything.

I will be there to show you how to get it apart safely, and can assist here and there but it will be your responsibility to dismantle it all.

It is mostly bugled screwed together for easy removal, the framing is nailed, but has been built for easy removal, you will need some special bits to remove some stuff and I will let you know what these are prior.

We usually dismantle these in around 4 hours, but this one will take longer due to you not building it.

If you are serious about taking all this let me know this morning TODAY as I will have to let the other guys know they have lost the job.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_5248.jpg  
    Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir

Senior Stinkologist Sir Stinkalot's Avatar

Default Free timber from flemington - melbourne

Very generous offer and a good looking display.

Can’t help but think however how wasteful the thing is. I am guessing it has been used for at most 2-3 weeks and then it basically gets tossed.

It would be good to see if somebody could make use of the materials once it’s down. Shame to see resources used for a micro fraction of their lifespan.
    Licence to drill!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stinkalot View Post
    Very generous offer and a good looking display.

Can’t help but think however how wasteful the thing is. I am guessing it has been used for at most 2-3 weeks and then it basically gets tossed.

It would be good to see if somebody could make use of the materials once it’s down. Shame to see resources used for a micro fraction of their lifespan.
    OK, I will say this now before this starts something.

We always re purpose the materials from these displays, problem with this one it's in Melbourne so logistics are hard, they's why I am offering to a local who WILL re purpose the timber as it's all brand new.
    Be very clear this entire thing is NOT going in the bin and they never do, it will find a new home elsewhere just not all of it.

Worst case is I get the other guys who are stuffing us around to remove it, and they intend to take everything they can get.

I envisage everything is fine to reuse, just the yellow tongue may not be the best, no need to preach to me about wastage, have you seen how much wastage goes into a new home, and they build them by the thousands a day now.

And to add to that, we use DATS as out bin supplier, they have some of the biggest sorting stations in the country, everything that goes into the bin gets sorted at these stations into it's appropriate recycling sections, this is how the bin suppliers make money when they sell the stuff to recycle's, they don't make money from dumping everything in landfill.

JB1
    1K Club Member

Just too much for one person

====

2K Club Member

Would love this - just don’t have time to organise taking it all.

If anyone wants to form a small group to remove the materials, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by joynz View Post
    Would love this - just don’t have time to organise taking it all.

If anyone wants to form a small group to remove the materials, I'd be interested.
    Sorry guys too late had to book the other guys