G'Day from Barossa Valley ( BV ) :)

Default G'Day from Barossa Valley ( BV ) :)

Hello

I'm not a newbie to fabrication or construction, but a newbie here.

I have 50 years exp. as a Soft./Hard. Eng. started out as a Elec. Eng. 1st time I went to Uni.

I found this site today due to a post of issue straitening stirrups, I wonder how that went !!!

Not that I need to do that, I was wondering about the pop rivett they all have and search got me here.

I'm probably going to get flamed here because my Mum was an Architect and Step Dad was a Developer, so I worked with builders during holidays and learnt all the 'short cuts' when I was very young.

When my account allows I will post a couple of pics how I have been setting up stirrups for 40 years.

I'm hoping to get ideas about buying a few new tools after we had a run of bad luck.

Welcome to the forum.

4K Club Member

Welcome, from an ex-Nuri lad now ensconced on Kangaroo Island. I have fond memories of my childhood on the North Island.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

G'Day John

Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Welcome, from an ex-Nuri lad
    Mate you probably shouldn't 'stand' too close, I don't live in the really good part of BV ( Angaston ) or the good part of BV ( Nur. or Tun. ) I live in the slum of BV - closer to Gawler

now ensconced on Kangaroo Island.
    Wow from BV to KI, maybe their is hope for me escaping after my youngest finishes at NHS !!!

BTW- How is the NBN access on KI do you get good NET access ?

I have fond memories of my childhood on the North Island.
    I'm going out on a limb and guess this is KI humour ?

4K Club Member

Better start looking now if you want to buy here; the Island isn't getting any bigger and there's not much property for sale.

The best ISP for most of the Island is Beam Internet based in Nuriootpa(!). On the Dudley, where I am, we have Dover Digital with up to 100MBS unlimited for $66 / month. Without Dover most of the properties out this way wouldn't get mobile phone coverage inside - we all use the phones' 'WiFi Calling' setting to make up for crap GSM coverage. Outside of townships where Beam and Dover don't cover, there's N~BN Sat~~~elli~~te in~ter~~net wit~h lat~~ency iss~u~es .
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

Thumbs up

G'Day John

Sorry, missed this reply !!!

Better start looking now if you want to buy here; the Island isn't getting any bigger and there's not much property for sale.
    I noticed that there is not much on the market ATM, I have been trying to find a block and I will build my own place.

The best ISP for most of the Island is Beam Internet based in Nuriootpa(!).
    Did you know that Beam Barossa ( Internet ) is now owned by 1 of Ozs richest Billionaires. Josh Hellbig sold out a few months back and is going around telling people he is now rich and famous, but the community is the 1s paying the bills, apparently he got the council to allow him to use their towers for $200/year, Barossa has some of the most expensive rates in Oz so the poor rate payers are now subsidising a Bills.

On the Dudley, where I am, we have Dover Digital with up to 100MBS unlimited for $66 / month. Without Dover most of the properties out this way wouldn't get mobile phone coverage inside - we all use the phones' 'WiFi Calling' setting to make up for crap GSM coverage.
    Sounds like Dover Digital is the way to go, thanks for the heads up

Outside of townships where Beam and Dover don't cover, there's N~BN Sat~~~elli~~te in~ter~~net wit~h lat~~ency iss~u~es .
    This is a garbed transmission, pls. re-trans

4K Club Member

Bummer about Beam, everyone here used to rave about them. Dover only covers Penneshaw and Willoughby Road out to the lighthouse on Dudley Peninsula. If you're near a town there's always NBN fixed wireless.

What's your preference for location on the Island?