Emission Trading and climate change

Page 233 of 377 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,650 of 18819

Absolutely agree, it is a circus.
    The owners of the circus are the industry magnates who have seen the rise of a new industrial age and bought the tent and funded the show to stir up interest. The men with the long whip, are the politicians, the public are the taxpayers and the clowns? yes of course they are the well intentioned yet misled and deluded conservationist used by the owners to decorate the show, happy to make a point in anyway they can.
    Eventually the tent will collapse and be blown away by the wind, the taxpayers will run for cover thinking why on earth did they ever pay for this show, the politicians had inside knowledge and got airlifted by their taxpayer paid helicopter, the animals went back to nature and the clowns? They had a meeting in an overturned trailer and decided to take up a new challenge, yet I am not privy to such information. Will let you know when I hear what they are up to next. (Save the bees? ... who knows!)
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
    Lewandowsky (2013) has already established that some deniers apt to believe some unscientific things; something that was obvious to anyone who has spent any time on the internet. However, just to remove any lingering doubts anyone might have, Eric Abetz chipped in with his contribution to the triumph of ideology over reality yesterday. The spin doctors are working overtime to reverse and rephrase what he said but expect the polls to reflect how the public see this circus.
    Abetz was just chipping in his bit for the team (the Liberal team that is, not Team Australia, which has to carry this bunch of eristic cretins).

Abbott: ‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’

Bishop: 'China doesn’t, China doesn’t respect weakness.' (Resulted in the China Global Times describing the Australian Foreign Minister as a "complete fool".)

Truss: 'Increasingly, the lifestyle and the savings for superannuation are being seen as an opportunity to enjoy a few cruises and the luxuries of life for a few years until it runs out and then people wish to fall back on the age pension.'

Hockey: '...higher income households pay half their income in tax. Lower income households pay virtually no tax.'

Brandis: 'People do have a right to be bigots.'

Hunt: 'We have countries like Zimbabwe, Moldova, Burkina Faso, we have Libya and even the Islamic Republic of Iran which are considered more friendly, less burdensome in relation to how government approaches investment in projects.'

Morrison: 'Make a decision to get on with the rest of your life.'

Pyne: 'Now, women are well-represented amongst the teaching and nursing students. They will not be able to earn the high incomes that say dentists or lawyers will earn.'

Turnbull: 'Well, what about the man who inherits from his parents an enormous intellect? That is equally, that's an equally undeserved, unearned inheritance, so you've got to bear that in mind.'
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

4K Club Member

Marc is "in the emperor's tent", but can't see it (pun intended).
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    (Save the bees? ... who knows!)
    One presumes you mean honey bees, one of thousands of bee species, but still economically and agriculturally important, and one that has a unique habit of forming colonies or swarms.

Think about it: Spray millions of hectares with systemic insecticide (which is taken in by the plant and remains active inside the plant), bees collect the nectar (with insecticide inside), feed it to the pupae, the pupae become sick adult bees and prematurely die and the colony dies out. In some areas, 80% of commercially owned and operated bee hives have been wiped out. Who wudda thort?

Scientists discover what’s killing the bees and it’s worse than you thought – Quartz

One presumes well. Honeybees, not those pesky native bees you have to feed to keep alive.
    Good post John. Comes to show what I have said a million times. There are many worthy causes for warmist's zeal, pesticide contamination of our food (or the bee's food) is one of them. Many more out there, too many to list. Most the fault of those nasty greedy rich ... psst ... farmers are not rich ... oh well lets say the fault of all those greedy people out there, rich or poor. (Can poor people be greedy? Apparently so and just as nasty)

The sad reality my dear John2bee, is that the last 20 years of "global warming" bonanza has reaped trillions for the ecomafia, generated billions of votes worldwide for pretend conservationist politicians, and as a result has diverted the well meaning and honest yet amateurish real conservationist from the real pollutants and therefore away from the barons of pollution that far from being those who produce CO2 are those who pollute legally because politicians rise the threshold for "safe" content or chemicals, and the world goes round and round.

And even if you believe the story about CO2isbadforyou, think about it. Where would you rather live, in a world that is 2C hotter (wow) maybe 3?, sea rise 1/2 a meter? (Launceston harbor would love that one.) or in a world that is unlivable because is gone poisonous and we can not even eat what we grow in our backyard?

The CO2 "cause" is not only fake, it is lost even if it was true. The chemicals war can be won, all it needs is dedication and compliant media. Not too hard for people with your talents.
    John Adams

4K Club Member

The simple but undeniable graph that shows that CO2 doesn't drive climate change nor cause catastrophic global warming, now when AGW cult come up with some reasonable proof & explanations of why climate change happened in reverse to their " modelled forecasts " they actually could be taken seriously & not be taken like rest of the galahs that have no solid evidence to base their cult / belief / whatever on
    regards inter

4K Club Member

And even if you believe the story about CO2isbadforyou, think about it.
    Marc, that is your 'story', which has no relevance to reality or climate science. But go on, make stuff up and believe it to be true - it's your right!

4K Club Member

One presumes well. Honeybees, not those pesky native bees you have to feed to keep alive.
    In contrary to your assertion, native bees don't need me or you to feed to keep alive. Missing the point in the first sentence of your post sets a precedes for the rest of your post...

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    The simple but undeniable graph
    Correct, it's a graph.

shows that CO2 doesn't drive climate change nor cause catastrophic global warming
    Nope, the graph shows a historic computer modelling of of past temperature and CO2 level, not cause and effect.

they actually could be taken seriously & not be taken like rest of the galahs that have no solid evidence to base their cult / belief / whatever on
    You have solid evidence to the contrary of conventional wisdom? So why are you hiding it? Let's have it now! Please!

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Correct, it's a graph.

You started out fine!

Nope, the graph shows a historic computer modelling of of past temperature and CO2 level, not cause and effect.

Dream on! I didn't say it was cause and effect! Trying to manipulate things already as usual! But it does contradict the galahs theory that CO2 drives climate change!

You have solid evidence to the contrary of conventional wisdom? So why are you hiding it? Let's have it now! Please.

Now I'm hiding something! All I have is what is available to everybody, there is nothing to prove or answer! The known data clearly shows no correlation between CO2 & the past climate, how about you show us your intelligence & provide something that no other person or institution has been able to do as yet so far, which is explain why CO2 concentrations are now linked intimately, yet never were in the past! You can try to twist & connive the debate away from you inability to provide theses explanations!
    regards inter

4K Club Member

Dream on! I didn't say it was cause and effect! Trying to manipulate things already as usual! But it does contradict the galahs theory that CO2 drives climate change!
    Er... if it was a graph of cause and effect, it MIGHT show that past climate was not "forced" by CO2. But as you said it isn't, and your average galah would realise that the graph isn't relevant to the current circumstances, or the current debate.

CO2 has always contributed to the planet's energy balance in the past as it does now - in absolute conformance with the laws of physics and entropy. To suggest that CO2 is the only, or the major, contributor to the current global temperature is foolish, disingenuous, dishonest or just plain stupid. And irrelevant.

To suggest that the current excess warming phase is not in response to human emissions of CO2 is equally foolish, disingenuous, dishonest or just plain stupid. Where do you fit, Inter?

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
    The spin doctors are working overtime to reverse and rephrase what he said but expect the polls to reflect how the public see this circus.
    And the rest of the LNC "government" Then and now: the Abbott government's broken promises

4K Club Member

Er... if it was a graph of cause and effect, it MIGHT show that past climate was not "forced" by CO2. But as you said it isn't, and your average galah would realise that the graph isn't relevant to the current circumstances, or the current debate.

The the data shows no cause for the effect! That's why it is used to debunk the AGW theory that CO2 is the major driver of climate change nor can cause catastrophic heating of the atmosphere & that's why the AGW cultists haven't got a argument or data to disprove it!

CO2 has always contributed to the planet's energy balance in the past as it does now - in absolute conformance with the laws of physics and entropy. To suggest that CO2 is the only, or the major, contributor to the current global temperature is foolish, disingenuous, dishonest or just plain stupid. And irrelevant.

your starting to join the dots now I see! That's a far cry from your usual alarmists rhetoric.

To suggest that the current excess warming phase is not in response to human emissions of CO2 is equally foolish, disingenuous, dishonest or just plain stupid. Where do you fit, Inter?

your contradicting yourself within one paragraph, the only thing that is consistent is the description of your type of thinking, clever hey! And I hope I never get that clever! Ultimately it shows some people couldn't tell the difference between Arthur, Martha or Captain MacArthur no matter how clever they think they are!

regards inter

4K Club Member

And the rest of the LNC "government" Then and now: the Abbott government's broken promises
    So what? Another red herring perhaps? Wouldn't that be different!
    regards inter

Well... John...you live in Adelaide. I live in Sydney. Unless we both move to queensland we can not keep native bees without feeding them. Ask the guys who sell them, they will tell you. I know a thing or two about bees. I have kept around 30 beehives for the good part of 40 years. But I only keep Italian bees, I discriminate with prejudice.
    PS
    If I can not see the emperor's tent and you can, then things are all good. The Emperor's tent or cloths for that matter can only be seen by highly intelligent people. Ordinary people like me can not. Ha ha

4K Club Member

Well... John...you live in Adelaide. I live in Sydney. Unless we both move to queensland we can not keep native bees without feeding them. Ask the guys who sell them, they will tell you. I know a thing or two about bees. I have kept around 30 beehives for the good part of 40 years. But I only keep Italian bees, I discriminate with prejudice.
    You should check your facts before pulling the authority stunt. For what it's worth I have beehives too, although I by no means consider myself an apiarist! What little I know about bees comes from Dr Katja Hogendoorn, who is rather knowledgable on the topic. Dr Katja Hogendoorn | The University of Adelaide Staff Directory There are about five hundred species of native bees that live in South Australia and do just fine without being fed by humans. Introduction - South Australian Native Bees In an odd twist, the city has become a sanctuary for native bees because of the relative lack of broad-acre loss of habitat and wholesale insecticide use that surrounds the remnant areas of rural native bee habitat. But, that to the topic...

If I can not see the emperor's tent and you can, then things are all good. The Emperor's tent or cloths for that matter can only be seen by highly intelligent people. Ordinary people like me can not. Ha ha
    It is obvious you are quite intelligent, Marc. Even if you can't see what side of the parable you fit into, others can make that judgement.

There are a number of very interesting studies in the ICNBW syndrome. None of them talk about wisdom.
    In the parable the clothes do not exist, they are made up and no one dares to say the emperor is naked because the scam is covered by a lie that only intelligent people can see the clothes. Just like global warming is made up yet no one talks against it because he may be considered unintelligent.

As far as native bees is concerned, you may have native bees in the wild but you can not keep them in a box in Adelaide nor Sydney as it is possible in Queensland or NT without feeding them through winter.

4K Club Member

In the parable the clothes do not exist, they are made up and no one dares to say the emperor is naked because the scam is covered by a lie that only intelligent people can see the clothes. Just like global warming is made up yet no one talks against it because he may be considered unintelligent.
    I think we both understand the parable of the Emperor's Clothes. Where we don't agree is over who is seeing something that doesn't exist.

All of the inputs to the Earth's surface temperature are currently suppressed (low solar output, La Nina weather pattern, very high pollution levels over substantial areas of the planet) yet instead of falling, the surface temperature is rising faster than ever, as recorded globally by satellite from outer space.

What is going to happen, Marc, as the Sun's output picks up again as the next solar cycle rolls around, El Nino takes its turn to warm up ocean surface temperatures and China comes good on its next five year plan to rid its skies of sunlight blocking pollution? My money would be on the Earth's surface temperature to rise even faster than previously.

Yes, it going to be warmer and then is going to be cooler. It has been like that for a while, a long while. I wouldn't sweat over it neither shiver over it.

However you did get the story wrong, not only the emperors clothes but also the native bee keeping wrong yet are not game to admit it.

Not easy to have a conversation with someone who wants to be always right even when he is wrong.
    http://www.aussiebee.com.au/beesinyo...#stinglessbees
    John Adams

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

I think we both understand the parable of the Emperor's Clothes. Where we don't agree is over who is seeing something that doesn't exist.

All of the inputs to the Earth's surface temperature are currently suppressed (low solar output, La Nina weather pattern, very high pollution levels over substantial areas of the planet) yet instead of falling, the surface temperature is rising faster than ever, as recorded globally by satellite from outer space.

What is going to happen, Marc, as the Sun's output picks up again as the next solar cycle rolls around, El Nino takes its turn to warm up ocean surface temperatures and China comes good on its next five year plan to rid its skies of sunlight blocking pollution? My money would be on the Earth's surface temperature to rise even faster than previously.
    Are you freaking serious?
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Are you freaking serious?
    About what are you taking issue?

4K Club Member

Not easy to have a conversation with someone who wants to be always right even when he is wrong.
    I am not always right, not even close. And I have made corrections in this forum in the past and acknowledged them. How about yourself?

John, besides having fun giving me bad reputation points, something that belongs with the primary school kids, in this particular instance you are wrong on both counts and very clearly so. What do you do? do you admit to it? No! you stick yet another bad reputation comment on my profile, and keep on making puerile attempts to get out of it.
    Is it really that important to you to be right at all costs?
    I you were any closer I would offer you one of my very special cups of coffee and show you my latest bathroom reno done in my best and unsustainable way. ha ha honestly John come on ...
    John Adams

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

John, besides having fun giving me bad reputation points, something that belongs with the primary school kids
    And Mods & Admins can see those reputation comments.
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

4K Club Member

Marc, what has your latest post got to do with the forum topic? Many forums ban people for off topic posts. I won't bother to answer your off topic posts in future.

The CO2 "cause" is not only fake, it is lost even if it was true.
    Not fake...but yes, quite lost.

The chemicals war can be won, all it needs is dedication and compliant media.
    Nope that's pretty much lost too.

The next fifty years is going to be so very entertaining...especially if (like me) you are into black comedies.
    Joined RF in 2006...Resigned in 2020.

A man is driving down the road when he realizes he is lost. He pulls over and asks a person on the footpath: -Scuse me, can you help me? I have an appointment at 2 with a friend, I am half an hour late, and I don't know where I am.
    -Sure, the other replies, -you are sitting in a car, 7 miles from the city center, 48 latitude north and 52 longitude west.
    -You are a climatologist right? the man in the car replies.
    _Yes I am!, how did you guess?

-Well you see, all you told me is technically correct, but useless in practice. I am still lost, I will be late, and I don't know what to do with your information.

-You are a politician right?
    -Yes in deed, he replies proudly, how did you know?

- Because you don't know where you are nor where you are going, you made a promise you can't keep and you expect others to solve your problem. In fact you are in exactly the same situation you were before asking me... but now, for some strange reason, it seems it is my fault.
    John Adams

Default Re: Emission Trading

In fact you are in exactly the same situation you were before asking me... but now, for some strange reason, it seems it is my fault.
    The last paragraph pretty much sums up this entire thread...

4K Club Member

I am not always right, not even close. And I have made corrections in this forum in the past and acknowledged them. How about yourself?
    That's a broad statement & maybe true somewhere else on the forum, but it doesn't appear to apply to this debate that's for certain, which has been just been proved on this recent page!
    regards inter

That's a broad statement & maybe true somewhere else on the forum, but it doesn't appear to apply to this debate that's for certain, which has been just been proved on this recent page!
    regards inter
    I'd really like to suggest you get off your high horse...but I think the fall might kill you....

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    I'd really like to suggest you get off your high horse...but I think the fall might kill you....
    There is an old Chinese proverb " it's hard to fly with the eagles when your surrounded by turkey's !"
    My rocking horse level may seem lofty to the level you guys operate from! Yeha, giddy up!
    regards inter

4K Club Member

Meanwhile, back on topic, eagles are suffering as a result of climate change and the Balkan Peninsula and Turkey climate change is particularly rapid, and especially summer temperatures are expected to increase strongly.

http://cawcr.gov.au/staff/lec/Emu105_1to20.pdf

Climate change - Turkey - Climate Adaptation

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

Meanwhile, back on topic, eagles are suffering as a result of climate change and the Balkan Peninsula and Turkey climate change is particularly rapid, and especially summer temperatures are expected to increase strongly.

so there is a spell of hot weather in Turkey?
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

4K Club Member

if we we were back on topic you wouldn't have a problem answering this,

"how about you show us your intelligence & provide something that no other person or institution has been able to do as yet so far, which is explain why CO2 concentrations are now linked intimately, yet never were in the past! You can try to twist & connive the debate away from you inability to provide theses explanations!"
    regards inter

4K Club Member

they say it lovely at this time of year!
    regards inter

4K Club Member

I don't think Adam Sandler who is credited with the saying in the movie Mr Deeds was Chinese, or old, or the author of old Chinese proverbs. Meanwhile, back on topic, eagles are suffering as a result of climate change and the Balkan Peninsula and Turkey climate change is particularly rapid, and especially summer temperatures are expected to increase strongly.

4K Club Member

I don't think Adam Sandler is credited with the saying in the movie Mr Deeds was Chinese, or old, or the author of old Chinese proverbs. Meanwhile, back on topic, eagles are suffering as a result of climate change and the Balkan Peninsula and Turkey climate change is particularly rapid, and especially summer temperatures are expected to increase strongly.

Its clearly another crafty off the topic red herring! But as DDT is still being used, but not officially in Turkey, has this been ruled out!
    regards inter

4K Club Member

"how about you show us your intelligence & provide something that no other person or institution has been able to do as yet so far, which is explain why CO2 concentrations are now linked intimately, yet never were in the past!"
    Ignoring the personal attack, the premise of your contention is false. No person or institution has shown that the laws of energy conservation did not hold in the past or present. CO2 in the atmosphere has always behaved as defined by the laws of physics. It isn't possible to explain past or present climate without taking into account atmospheric CO2 concentrations.

4K Club Member

After >10,000 posts the difference between weather and climate is still a source of confusion? Or is that prevarication?

4K Club Member

Its clearly another crafty off the topic red herring!
    Did you follow and read the links before making your assertion that the post was "off topic"?

4K Club Member

Did you follow and read the links before making your assertion that the post was "off topic"?
    When your parroting garbage that is disproven by the historical data, then waffle on endlessly about something else not in the slightest way linked, any reasonably normal person realises it's " off topic " the only regional thing were concerned about is that the carbon tax is gone & buried for a long time, just like the galahs that promised it would never eventuate!
    "donate all you can for the useless cause if it makes you feel better"
    regards inter

When your parroting garbage that is disproven by the historical data, then waffle on endlessly about something else not in the slightest way linked, any reasonably normal person realises it's " off topic " the only regional thing were concerned about is that the carbon tax is gone & buried for a long time, just like the galahs that promised it would never eventuate!
    "donate all you can for the useless cause if it makes you feel better"
    regards inter
    Take a leaf out of your own book and provide the proof that this has been disproven rather than just another attack accompanied by a sad little rant. This is very tiresome as all it proves is that some people aren't the least bit interested in doing anything beyond making unsubstantiated noise.

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Take a leaf out of your own book and provide the proof that this has been disproven rather than just another attack accompanied by a sad little rant. This is very tiresome as all it proves is that some people aren't the least bit interested in doing anything beyond making unsubstantiated noise.
    just because you can't understand or comprehend the missing relationship between CO2 & the globes temperature displayed by the data in post #11606, there is no need for you to go out of your way to prove it beyond all doubt!
    regards inter

4K Club Member

There are no models or theories that can account for past or present climate without considering the contribution of CO2 in the atmosphere. The same laws of physics applied then as now. The graph referred does not show any cause or effect relationship between CO2 and surface temperature because the graph does not show the effect of other inputs to the climate system, all of which have varied over time and many of which are quite significant.

Perhaps somewhere, someone has done an analysis which supports your proposition, Inter, but repeated internet searches lead inevitably to the blogosphere and not peer reviewed science, and despite repeated requests from many different participants in the forum you have been astoundingly reluctant to provide a reference.

just because you can't understand or comprehend the missing relationship between CO2 & the globes temperature displayed by the data in post #11606, there is no need for you to go out of your way to prove it beyond all doubt!
    regards inter
    You aren't correctly applying the graph and the graph doesn't actually support that assertion, as if you didn't know already.

4K Club Member

There are no models or theories that can account for past or present climate without considering the contribution of CO2 in the atmosphere. The same laws of physics applied then as now. The graph referred does not show any cause or effect relationship between CO2 and surface temperature because the graph does not show the effect of other inputs to the climate system, all of which have varied over time and many of which are quite significant.

Perhaps somewhere, someone has done an analysis which supports your proposition, Inter, but repeated internet searches lead inevitably to the blogosphere and not peer reviewed science, and despite repeated requests from many different participants in the forum you have been astoundingly reluctant to provide a reference.
    So in other words you still have nothing!
    regards inter

4K Club Member

You aren't correctly applying the graph and the graph doesn't actually support that assertion, as if you didn't know already.
    And your truly proving it now!
    regards inter

And your truly proving it now!
    regards inter
    Really, you are the one with the history of baseless assertions and on the rare occasions you post a link to back up an opinion invariably use an unrelated piece of data or a source that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

So in other words you still have nothing!
    regards inter
    Clearly nothing that penetrates your personal penumbra...

4K Club Member

Really, you are the one with the history of baseless assertions and on the rare occasions you post a link to back up an opinion invariably use an unrelated piece of data or a source that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
    "All I have is what is available to everybody, there is nothing to prove or answer! The known data clearly shows no correlation between CO2 & the past climate, how about you show us your intelligence & provide something that no other person or institution has been able to do as yet so far, which is explain why CO2 concentrations are now linked intimately, yet never were in the past! You can try to twist & connive the debate away from you inability to provide theses explanations!"
    Go your hardest!
    regards inter

Page 233 of 377 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 283 333 ... LastLast