Emission Trading and climate change

Page 245 of 377 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,250 of 18819
  1. #12201
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    you on the other hand are in complete denial about the pause in global warming since 1998
    The warming rate post 1998 is greater than the warming rate prior to 1998. See for yourself. Here is the one year trend (moving one year average) of the global land surface temperature for 1980 to 2014:



    There is no other possible position for the trend line, where the area between observations (red) and trend (green) has the same magnitude above and below the trend line. Therefore warming has not reversed, stopped or even slowed.


    Even if you make 1998 as the start year, the trend is positive:

    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  2. #12202
    3K Club Member johnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sale
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    you obviously are describing the breakaways from your camp, because without irrefutable proven scientific evidence this side isn't quite stupid enough to accept propaganda as such.
    inter
    I actually don't think your mind is open to the possibility it is wrong, regardless of anything put before you do you honestly think you have the capacity to move from what is clearly an entrenched position.

  3. #12203
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    And to the weak minded that somehow proves that CO2 is the cause of global warming!!!
    The question was: Why do the deniers of climate change need to hide the fact that they receive billions of dollars of funding from people and companies with vested interests in fossil fuel?
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  4. #12204
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    I actually don't think your mind is open to the possibility it is wrong, regardless of anything put before you do you honestly think you have the capacity to move from what is clearly an entrenched position.
    thats nice! Meanwhile we will wait for some proof to eventuate to back up your beliefs, given the amount time & invitations it hadn't appeared yet but given the absurdity of the claims against the climate history so far, there is more chance of a second coming, than your camp providing credible scientific proof.
    inter

  5. #12205
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    The question was: Why do the deniers of climate change need to hide the fact that they receive billions of dollars of funding from people and companies with vested interests in fossil fuel?
    who cares? Only the true galahs can't tell fact from fiction with propaganda, whatever side it originates from.
    inter

  6. #12206
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    The warming rate post 1998 is greater than the warming rate prior to 1998. See for yourself. Here is the one year trend (moving one year average) of the global land surface temperature for 1980 to 2014:



    There is no other possible position for the trend line, where the area between observations (red) and trend (green) has the same magnitude above and below the trend line. Therefore warming has not reversed, stopped or even slowed.


    Even if you make 1998 as the start year, the trend is positive:

    This ploy again! Really do you take us for idiots who can read & understand the graphs & what your attempting to do? Just because it fools you doesn't mean everybody else is a galah too!
    inter

  7. #12207
    3K Club Member johnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sale
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    thats nice! Meanwhile we will wait for some proof to eventuate to back up your beliefs, given the amount time & invitations it hadn't appeared yet but given the absurdity of the claims against the climate history so far, there is more chance of a second coming, than your camp providing credible scientific proof.
    inter
    Thankyou for proving the point, you really have nothing to contribute in that case.

  8. #12208
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    This ploy again! Really do you take us for idiots who can read & understand the graph & what your attempting to do? Just because it fools you doesn't mean everybody else is a galah too!
    Then instead of denigrating me, how about giving us your interpretation of the data and explain how that supports your claim that there has been no warming since 1998, because otherwise, some might be inclined to think you cannot interpret a graph.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  9. #12209
    3K Club Member johnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sale
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Then instead of denigrating me, how about giving us your interpretation of the data and explain how that supports your claim that there has been no warming since 1998, because otherwise, some might be inclined to think you cannot interpret a graph.
    It's like dealing with someone running around in circles fingers in ears and eyes closed, as usual a net contribution of nothing.

  10. #12210
    Resigned SilentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Not here...
    Posts
    5,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    only a galah would be in denial of science which provides irrefutable, accurate, repeatable experiments which prove a theory, only a galah would accept anecdotal evidence as proof before it is proven beyond doubt to an acceptable scientific level.
    inter
    He's OK. He's just trying to figure out which subspecies of Eolophus roseicapilla he wants to be. That's enough to render anyone null...
    Joined RF in 2006...Resigned in 2020.

  11. #12211
    quality + reliability - 3k Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Question for Rod:

    Why does the climate change countermovement feel the need to fund its propaganda through dark money? If it is right, why does it feel the need to hide the billions of dollars it spends selling its story?

    “Money amplifies certain voices above others and, in effect, gives them a megaphone in the public square,” he said. “Powerful funders are supporting the campaign to deny scientific findings about global warming and raise public doubts about the roots and remedies of this massive global threat. At the very least, (people) deserve to know who is behind these efforts.”—Ruth McCambridge

    Not Just the Koch Brothers: New Drexel Study Reveals Funders Behind the Climate Change Denial Effort | Now | Drexel University
    How in hell should I know?

    Anyway they are funding the exposure of a giant scam. Far less than the funding available to support the scam. Because of the gravy train to support AGW is a self perpetuating train, I cant see the funding of sceptics out weighing that of warmist any time soon. If I were you I wouldn't bring funding into the debate as it is sure to embarrass you!
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT


  12. #12212
    quality + reliability - 3k Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Then instead of denigrating me, how about giving us your interpretation of the data and explain how that supports your claim that there has been no warming since 1998, because otherwise, some might be inclined to think you cannot interpret a graph.

    sheez you are one of few warmists that are still hanging on to the no pause in warming charade. The pause in warming is an UN-DENIABLE fact recognised by your hero climate scientists. Even they know it does them no good to deny a blatant fact albeit some of them like to pretend the ocean ate our warming and its going to spew it back at us with a vengeance. RONFLMAO at that one.

    So who are the deniers?
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT


  13. #12213
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    How in hell should I know? Anyway they are funding the exposure of a giant scam.
    Do you always put your faith in people who are mendacious? Don't you think if they are right they could be honest, and if they are being dishonest maybe it is because they are not right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Far less than the funding available to support the scam. Because of the gravy train to support AGW is a self perpetuating train, I cant see the funding of sceptics out weighing that of warmist any time soon.
    The spend on climate science obfuscation by your so-called sceptics (over $900 million per year in the US alone) is many, many times as great as the money spent on climate science education.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    If I were you I wouldn't bring funding into the debate as it is sure to embarrass you!
    No need to worry your mind about me being embarrassed, I am quite widely read on the topic.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  14. #12214
    3K Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    How in hell should I know?

    Anyway they are funding the exposure of a giant scam. Far less than the funding available to support the scam. Because of the gravy train to support AGW is a self perpetuating train, I cant see the funding of sceptics out weighing that of warmist any time soon. If I were you I wouldn't bring funding into the debate as it is sure to embarrass you!
    You sure, the funding for science is more than the funding available from the Fossil Fuel Industry?

    Crude oil consumption in 2011 was 87,000,000 barrels PER DAY. = about 32 Billion barrels PER YEAR.

    World Crude Oil Consumption by Year (Thousand Barrels per Day)

    Price of crude averages about US$90 per barrel.

    Crude Oil Price, Oil, Energy, Petroleum, Oil Price, WTI & Brent Oil, Oil Price Charts and Oil Price Forecast

    Cash flow from crude oil in a single year approximates US$2,900 Billion. On top of that, we need to add the other major Fossil Fuels (Gas, Tar Sands) to get a good picture of the whole industry, and we should then include the value add from processing and marketing.

    Please show me where climate science receives anything like the cashflow available to the fossil fuel industry.

    You're dreaming.

    Those who want to ignore the science are increasingly alone. They are on their own shrinking island.


  15. #12215
    quality + reliability - 3k Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Do you always put your faith in people who are mendacious? Don't you think if they are right they could be honest, and if they are being dishonest maybe it is because they are not right?
    Your opinion only this entire discussion is about who is right and who is wrong. It is a no brainer that you would make this comment. This doesn't make it true. Only that is supports your position.



    The spend on climate science obfuscation by your so-called sceptics (over $900 million per year in the US alone) is many, many times as great as the money spent on climate science education.
    nice evasive answer, but then again why would I expect any different. I have no idea if what you say is true or not but it is evasive, I really don't know who you are trying to kid here. I talk grants for "research" and you talk education, ignoring the grants. Slick .....NOT


    No need to worry your mind about me being embarrassed, I am quite widely read on the topic.
    We are all widely read on the subject, We just choose to believe in a different outcome. That is only possible because there is no evidence scientific or otherwise that AGW is going to be dangerous to humans or cause the temperature increases that they keep downgrading every few years. If the evidence was clear we would not be having this debate.
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT


  16. #12216
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    The pause in warming is an UN-DENIABLE fact recognised by your hero climate scientists.
    No, there is no pause in warming showing in the temperature record - not even the satellite temperature record set up by "skeptics" Spenser and Christie to show mainstream data was wrong. It does not matter who said what to whom, when, or who reported what they said out of context - there is no pause in warming apparent in the temperature record.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Even they know it does them no good to deny a blatant fact albeit some of them like to pretend the ocean ate our warming and its going to spew it back at us with a vengeance. RONFLMAO at that one.
    Of course most of the heat from the sun goes into the ocean - it's big and dark whilst the land is small and (relatively) bright. Weather is the result of the heat from the oceans moving into the atmosphere. Weather, as everyone knows, is very variable, which is why climate is defined by the average over a long period, typically 30 years. Even if the warming trend had ended, it would not be possible to be certain for another decade or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    So who are the deniers?
    Rhetorical question, Rod? As if you want to know...
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  17. #12217
    quality + reliability - 3k Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodbe View Post
    You sure, the funding for science is more than the funding available from the Fossil Fuel Industry?

    Crude oil consumption in 2011 was 87,000,000 barrels PER DAY. = about 32 Billion barrels PER YEAR.

    World Crude Oil Consumption by Year (Thousand Barrels per Day)

    Price of crude averages about US$90 per barrel.

    Crude Oil Price, Oil, Energy, Petroleum, Oil Price, WTI & Brent Oil, Oil Price Charts and Oil Price Forecast

    Cash flow from crude oil in a single year approximates US$2,900 Billion. On top of that, we need to add the other major Fossil Fuels (Gas, Tar Sands) to get a good picture of the whole industry, and we should then include the value add from processing and marketing.

    Please show me where climate science receives anything like the cashflow available to the fossil fuel industry.

    You're dreaming.
    Come on seriously, even you can do better than that! It is the reasoning behind this post that just clearly shows the close mindedness of your position, and why we should question anything you say that supports it
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT


  18. #12218
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Your opinion only this entire discussion is about who is right and who is wrong.
    That is a bit of an over simplification but, yes, I am interested in the truth. Aren't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    I talk grants for "research" and you talk education, ignoring the grants.
    Yes, let's not ignore the grants. Grants are not generally made on the basis of proving or disproving anything. And there is plenty of funding in the "free market" for climate "research" that is just blatant climate change obfuscation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    We are all widely read on the subject, We just choose to believe in a different outcome.
    The subject was funding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    If the evidence was clear we would not be having this debate.

    The evidence is clear and there is no scientific debate. The debate you *think* is happening is just in the lunatic fringe of pseudoscience.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  19. #12219
    quality + reliability - 3k Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post


    The evidence is clear and there is no scientific debate. The debate you *think* is happening is just in the lunatic fringe of pseudoscience.
    The sad thing is that you truly believe this to be true.

    Fortunately there are many that don't share your faith.
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT


  20. #12220
    quality + reliability - 3k Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    [QUOTE=John2b;949771]
    The subject was funding.


    [QUOTE]
    So what?

    You brought up the "well read" comment and I responded to it.

    Re read your post.
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT


  21. #12221
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    The sad thing is that you truly believe this to be true.
    Here's an easy challenge: list the scientific organisations have a position that AGW isn't happening. There are thousands of government, public, private, university, corporate, capitalist, communist, eastern, western, first world, third world, etc, etc to choose from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Fortunately there are many that don't share your faith.
    There is no act of faith in looking at the temperature record and seeing this:

    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  22. #12222
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Re read your post.
    Re-read indeed. And read well this time, instead of reading what you want to believe. #12213

    You said: I would be embarrassed to bring up funding. I said: I would not be embarrassed as I was well read on the topic. It is pretty obvious I was talking about funding.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  23. #12223
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post


    " Originally Posted by intertd6
    you obviously are describing the breakaways from your camp, because without irrefutable proven scientific evidence this side isn't quite stupid enough to accept propaganda as such.
    inter"


    I actually don't think your mind is open to the possibility it is wrong, regardless of anything put before you do you honestly think you have the capacity to move from what is clearly an entrenched position.
    So a stance on waiting for proof either way is entrenched, any fool can clearly see who is & are the fanatics in the debate!
    inter

  24. #12224
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Here's an easy challenge: list the scientific organisations have a position that AGW isn't happening. There are thousands of government, public, private, university, corporate, capitalist, communist, eastern, western, first world, third world, etc, etc to choose from.



    There is no act of faith in looking at the temperature record and seeing this:

    Your off on a looney tangent again, the topic is whether CO2 is CAUSING AGW
    inter

  25. #12225
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    The warming rate post 1998 is greater than the warming rate prior to 1998. See for yourself. Here is the one year trend (moving one year average) of the global land surface temperature for 1980 to 2014:



    There is no other possible position for the trend line, where the area between observations (red) and trend (green) has the same magnitude above and below the trend line. Therefore warming has not reversed, stopped or even slowed.


    Even if you make 1998 as the start year, the trend is positive:

    What galah wouldn't notice the heading description of the graphs, for the second or third time again we would only be interested in the global mean from 1998, not some galahs manipulation of irrelevant data to weasel out of accepting they have been caught out again providing typical useless information, I suppose when your in so deep it must be natural to use such useless tactics.
    inter

  26. #12226
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    Your off on a looney tangent again, the topic is whether CO2 is CAUSING AGW
    Who is on a "looney tangent"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    The pause in warming is an UN-DENIABLE fact
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  27. #12227
    4K Club Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    article-2420783-1bd2956a000005dc-553_634x376.jpg
    A leaked copy of the world’s most authoritative climate study reveals scientific forecasts of imminent doom were drastically wrong.
    The Mail on Sunday has obtained the final draft of a report to be published later this month by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the ultimate watchdog whose massive, six-yearly ‘assessments’ are accepted by environmentalists, politicians and experts as the gospel of climate science.
    They are cited worldwide to justify swingeing fossil fuel taxes and subsidies for ‘renewable’ energy.
    Yet the leaked report makes the extraordinary concession that over the past 15 years, recorded world temperatures have increased at only a quarter of the rate of IPCC claimed when it published its last assessment in 2007.
    Back then, it said observed warming over the 15 years from 1990-2005 had taken place at a rate of 0.2C per decade, and it predicted this would continue for the following 20 years, on the basis of forecasts made by computer climate models.
    But the new report says the observed warming over the more recent 15 years to 2012 was just 0.05C per decade - below almost all computer predictions.

    The 31-page ‘summary for policymakers’ is based on a more technical 2,000-page analysis which will be issued at the same time. It also surprisingly reveals: IPCC scientists accept their forecast computers may have exaggerated the effect of increased carbon emissions on world temperatures – and not taken enough notice of natural variability.
    They recognise the global warming ‘pause’ first reported by The Mail on Sunday last year is real – and concede that their computer models did not predict it. But they cannot explain why world average temperatures have not shown any statistically significant increase since 1997.
    lThey admit large parts of the world were as warm as they are now for decades at a time between 950 and 1250 AD – centuries before the Industrial Revolution, and when the population and CO2 levels were both much lower.
    lThe IPCC admits that while computer models forecast a decline in Antarctic sea ice, it has actually grown to a new record high. Again, the IPCC cannot say why.
    lA forecast in the 2007 report that hurricanes would become more intense has simply been dropped, without mention.

    This year has been one of the quietest hurricane seasons in history and the US is currently enjoying its longest-ever period – almost eight years – without a single hurricane of Category 3 or above making landfall.


    Read more: World's top climate scientists confess: Global warming is just QUARTER what we thought - and computers got the effects of greenhouse gases wrong | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

  28. #12228
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    "Originally Posted by intertd6
    only a galah would be in denial of science which provides irrefutable, accurate, repeatable experiments which prove a theory, only a galah would accept anecdotal evidence as proof before it is proven beyond doubt to an acceptable scientific level.
    inter"

    He's OK. He's just trying to figure out which subspecies of Eolophus roseicapilla he wants to be. That's enough to render anyone null...
    well it fairly obvious I'm not the type of galah described in last part of my post!
    inter

  29. #12229
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    What galah wouldn't notice the heading description of the graphs, for the second or third time again we would only be interested in the global mean from 1998, not some galahs manipulation of irrelevant data to weasel out of accepting they have been caught out again providing typical useless information, I suppose when your in so deep it must be natural to do such useless tactics.

    It's like Weight Watchers. you only want to know you weight gain AFTER you stopped pigging out at McDonalds.

    Well, here is the temperature record from 1998:

    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  30. #12230
    3K Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dyson View Post
    Come on seriously, even you can do better than that! It is the reasoning behind this post that just clearly shows the close mindedness of your position, and why we should question anything you say that supports it
    So no response that shows that climate science is funded to the tune of more than US$2900 BILLION per year? Can't find that sort of funding? What a surprise, your suggestion that climate science has more funding than the fossil fuel industry is a smoking wreck. Try basing your proposals on facts.

    I don't need to do better than to point out the hollow argument you propose. This is a very unbalanced discussion on financial terms, thankfully the facts unearthed by the science tend to balance the discussion. Parts of the the fossil fuel industry are funding the proposal that science is a scam and some people believe them. Surprise!

    Those who want to ignore the science are increasingly alone. They are on their own shrinking island.


  31. #12231
    4K Club Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

  32. #12232
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodbe View Post
    This is a very unbalanced discussion on financial terms, thankfully the facts unearthed by the science tend to balance the discussion. Parts of the the fossil fuel industry are funding the proposal that science is a scam and some people believe them. Surprise!
    Unfortunately, the temperature record doesn't give a damn who has the most money. It has now been 355 months since the last cooler than average month. No amount of money could have bought that.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  33. #12233
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    How about a bit of respect for your colleagues intelligence, Marc...

    Oh, sorry, I just realised he is a comedian and you didn't mean anyone should take it seriously LOL
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  34. #12234
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    It's like Weight Watchers. you only want to know you weight gain AFTER you stopped pigging out at McDonalds.

    Well, here is the temperature record from 1998:

    Ah that still isn't the global mean, you must be addicted to lies or something, let alone mc Donald's, what galah would parade a land mean temperature as the global mean temperature when the land component of the globe is about 30%? This was ploy was tried on by you many many pages ago and shown to be incorrect, so really your just trolling now for a bite, haven't you got something better to do?
    inter

  35. #12235
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    Ah that still isn't the global mean
    Go right ahead and post "the global mean".
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  36. #12236
    Resigned SilentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Not here...
    Posts
    5,155

    Default Re: Emission Trading

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    well it fairly obvious I'm not the type of galah described in last part of my post!
    inter
    Oh I dunno...they all look the same to me. Tasty.
    Joined RF in 2006...Resigned in 2020.

  37. #12237
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    Oh I dunno...they all look the same to me. Tasty.
    And this one is in denial of science which provides irrefutable, accurate, repeatable experiments which prove a theory
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  38. #12238
    4K Club Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    How about a bit of respect for your colleagues intelligence, Marc...
    Colleagues?
    Uhuu John2bee ... come down from that high tower of yours the heat is getting to you.
    Must be the globo warming
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

  39. #12239
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Colleagues?
    Uhuu John2bee ... come down from that high tower of yours the heat is getting to you.
    Get a grip Marc, your stilettos are higher than my tower.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  40. #12240
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Go right ahead and post "the global mean".
    Its been posted ad nauseam but from some trolling types it's not good enough.
    inter

  41. #12241
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    A leaked copy of the world’s most authoritative climate study reveals scientific forecasts of imminent doom were drastically wrong.
    Marc, can you explain why the report you linked shows that global warming has become more severe since 1998? This is the graphic from your link:

    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  42. #12242
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    Its been posted ad nauseam but from some trolling types it's not good enough.
    So easy for you to fix things once and for all. Just do it! Or even just post a link to where it was posted before for dumbasses like me...
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  43. #12243
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    So easy for you to fix things once and for all. Just do it! Or even just post a link to where it was posted before for dumbasses like me...
    your still trolling, you obviously have too much time or whatever on your hands to play sick little games.
    inter

  44. #12244
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    your still trolling, you obviously have too much time or whatever on your hands to play sick little games.
    You're teasing now. Why no link? C'mon Inter, gimme a link. You said it wa true. There mustha bin 'undreds of links. I only bin here sux months an' neva sin wunna ur links that pruvs evruthink...
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  45. #12245
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Inter, no answer from Marc. Inter, can you explain why the climate deniers' graphic shows warming after 1998?

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Marc, can you explain why the report you linked shows that global warming has become more severe since 1998? This is the graphic from your link:

    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  46. #12246
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    You're teasing now. Why no link? C'mon Inter, gimme a link. You said it wa true. There mustha bin 'undreds of links. I only bin here sux months an' neva sin wunna ur links that pruvs evruthink...
    your reinforcing the obvious!
    inter

  47. #12247
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    your still trolling
    Thank you for your concern Inter - I was so worried I looked up tolling, but I didn't need to worry after all.

    a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.


    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  48. #12248
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    your reinforcing the obvious!
    Derr, yes. the obvious. You haven't a link, and haven't posted a link, to a record of temperature to support your fallacious position.

    I might be wrong, and I will apologise if you post the link.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

  49. #12249
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Inter, no answer from Marc. Inter, can you explain why the climate deniers' graphic shows warming after 1998?
    Thats a leaked report from your side! And not the global average since 1998, Or haven't you properly focused yet?
    inter

  50. #12250
    4K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kangaroo Island
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intertd6 View Post
    Thats a leaked report from your side!
    1. Climate science doesn't have "sides".
    2. The graphic was from Marc's post here: #12227
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

Page 245 of 377 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 295 345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •