Emission Trading and climate change

Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377
Results 18,801 to 18,819 of 18819

Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    No, but I did know Bruce Candy (the owner and designer of Halcro and MineLab products) and sat next to (my faulty memory defies me - David Rose? - Candy's Halcro marketing manager*) on a plane once to Sydney to demonstrate Halcro amplifiers in the Sydney Opera House ~2000. I was representing the company that supplied the loudspeakers for the demonstration. I also worked on other projects with Tony and Max (Designmakers) who created Halcro's physical designs. *Rose(?) had a little bit (or more) to do with the scheme of things (AKA phone gambling) that financed David Walsh's mega-million dollar MONA art museum in Hobart. The scheme worked by relieving individuals (including one named Packer) of millions of dollars on race days.
    I worked for MineLab in the mid 1980s. I designed the digital part (hardware and software) of the first “ground balancing” metal detector that MineLab manufactured. It could detect the “firing pin” in a plastic mine in inductive soils. No other metal detectors, at that time, could do that. I worked with Bruce on a daily basis.
    “What a fool believes, he sees. No wise man has the power to reason away”- The Doobie Brothers

4K Club Member

I only knew Bruce as he once presented a paper on the Halcro amplifier design at a meeting of the Audio Engineering Society. There were a lot of extremely clever radio and audio engineers in Adelaide in those days who had an enormous influence globally. I was always intrigued by how insight in one discipline could lead to innovation or application in another discipline, e.g. the application of RF wave theory from his expertise in broadband military (spy) antenna design that John Dunlavy used in loudspeaker design (Duntechs which were made in Adelaide and air freighted to the US market). John kindly allowed me to use his very well equipped research laboratories for loudspeaker developments for the Adelaide Festival Centre through the late '80s.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    In this genitalia size contest, should I post in imperial or metric units?
    Metric has bigger numerics

In this genitalia size contest, should I post in imperial or metric units?
    I think that you should use cubits for authenticity.
    There is no middle ground between facts and fallacies - argumentum ad temperantiam

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    I think that you should use cubits for authenticity.
    Marc's posts usually have a muggeseggele of truth to them so I guess he's the expert on forum smut.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    If he was an operator there it would be a brilliant idea then you can forget once and for all that steam is not dumped or bypassed the turbine except on startup when temperature matching is taking place, once synchronized all the steam is used for work with some from turbine interstage tapping points for feed heaters.
    Where did I mention steam dumping or steam bypassing the turbine? In a quotation from Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange, a question and answer site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts. The boiler/turbine/generator system is less efficient when running sub-optimally in order to preserve some spinning reserve. Inertia is a component of spinning reserve, but as soon as inertial energy is used to power the generators frequency will begin to drop. To have sufficient spinning reserve the boilers must to be producing more heat energy than the generators are currently using using and the turbines and generators must have more output capability than current demand. Like in your car example, there has to be some spare throttle and a reserve of fuel in the carburettor. Your analogy breaks down after that because extra energy in the form of petrol can be delivered to the virtually instantly carburettor, whereas a steam boiler is slow to build up pressure to feed the turbines. This is the sort of problem we had to deal with in the electrical engineering lab, which had motors, turbines, boilers, generators and gearboxes set up on benches with tachometers, dynamometers, etc, etc so we could run real life experiments and measure performance of many types of energy transformation. All of this stuff is defined by the equations derived from the laws of thermodynamics.

Community Moderator

Where did I mention steam dumping or steam bypassing the turbine?
    Well I better delete this John2b as he is an imposer.

https://www.renovateforum.com/f187/e...ml#post1080995
    and
    https://www.renovateforum.com/f187/e...ml#post1064076
    and
    https://www.renovateforum.com/f187/e...ml#post1057512
    and
    https://www.renovateforum.com/f187/e...ml#post1057469

4K Club Member

Thanks Bros. Your tenacity in proving a pointless point is admirable, but doesn't correct the many mistakes in your posts. And the laws of thermodynamics still hold, even if my memory doesn't always.

Community Moderator

Thanks Bros. Your tenacity in proving a pointless point is admirable, but doesn't correct the many mistakes in your posts. And the laws of thermodynamics still hold, even if my memory doesn't always.
    I never said I was always right but you do. I rarely make any comment unless I know what I am talking about and I dont rely on search engines to back up what I say.

Remember what i was once told if you go about telling lies you have to have a bloody good memory as you have to remember the last lie you told, the truth stays the same.

Community Moderator

Additionally I have deleted my post of the explaination as you are not much better than an internet troll and the truth is rational posting is irrelevant.

2b or not 2b ... that is the question
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    I never said I was always right but you do. I rarely make any comment unless I know what I am talking about and I dont rely on search engines to back up what I say.

Remember what i was once told if you go about telling lies you have to have a bloody good memory as you have to remember the last lie you told, the truth stays the same.
    Where have I ever said I was always right? I know better than anyone else how fallible I am and I have never shied away from acknowledging my mistakes. To suggest I am a liar says more about you than me.

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

I know better than anyone else how fallible I am and I have never shied away from acknowledging my mistakes.
    Well you did here, https://www.renovateforum.com/f187/e...ml#post1079062
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

4K Club Member

Very funny Bedford. You have not proven me wrong. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I tired of feeding your obsession with character assassination. Time to move on.

Pope John the second B is infallible.
    I noticed that a long time ago Bedford.
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

1K Club Member

Pope John the second B is infallible.
    I noticed that a long time ago Bedford.
    Anyone promoting port Arthur conspiracies has no credibility to question anyone else on truthfulness. That some let that slide says something too.
    Let's move on.
    Coal fired power stations are dinosaurs well on their way to extinction. Debating the fine details of their operation is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

4K Club Member

I just looked at Live Supply & Demand Widget, sponsored by RenewEconomy – NEM-Watch. 1/3 of Australia's electricity is being generated by non-fossile energy sources. No one would have believed that possible when this thread started back when the global warming deniers were trumpeting that the world was about to start cooling. The amount of warming above pre-industrial temperatures has instead almost doubled since this thread started.

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I tired of feeding your obsession with character assassination.
    That's all in your imagination John, BS is still BS.

bullshit.jpg
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Thread pending.

Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377