Corona virus

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2721
    Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by toooldforthis View Post
    Lot of questions but not to many answers maybe it is different to other viruses in the way it infects people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    Lot of questions but not to many answers maybe it is different to other viruses in the way it infects people.
    or maybe the more traditional vaccines are different in the way they protect you?
    maybe trad vaccines stop you getting infected, whereas the coronavirus ones don't.

that article implied as much with their description of the newer whooping cough vaccine, they found a spike in infections for some reason.
    Dr Quinn said there are examples of other vaccines where people can be vaccinated, but still spread a disease to others."There is a concern, for example, with the whooping cough vaccine," she said.
    "A few years ago we changed to a new kind of vaccine ... and we're sort of seeing in our population small outbreaks of whooping cough, and so we're trying to understand where that's coming from."
    One possible explanation, she said, is that the new vaccine is effective at preventing disease, but that the bacteria that causes whooping cough may still be able to "live in our systems".

"It's unclear as to whether [the] vaccine actually prevents transmission or not, and it's really hard to measure that. But it's definitely a question in our minds."
    unfortunately for us it doesn't seem to be a question in the minds of our politicians, CEOs, and most journalists ...

the way everyone is reacting these vaccines have already saved the world.

The truth according to the head maggot who turned his back on being an Australian citizen, spare me the fake news.
    Ingraham turned her back on Australian Citizenship? She is born in the US and worked there all her life, she is a lawyer there, why would she take up Australian citizenship? Not that her personal choices have anything to do with reporting.
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Ingraham turned her back on Australian Citizenship? She is born in the US and worked there all her life, she is a lawyer there, why would she take up Australian citizenship? Not that her personal choices have anything to do with reporting.
    Do you still believe in Santa Claus? If you do you would then believe that Murdoch had no influence on the content of Fox News. No matter who does the talking it is Murdoch pulling the strings.

There is no need to exercise any level of "believe in", when it comes to Santa Claus. His existence is rooted in historical facts. What makes the myth is the attributions to the character by people who require this intellectual crutches to feel good.
    The belief that Murdoch is the Baba Yaga, is another intellectual walking stick, held firmly in the left hand, that some seem to require to walk straight or at all. Sad.
    John Adams

Community Moderator

Baba Yaga
    Had to look that one up, I am not implying he is supernatural just someone who pulls the strings. A more relevant term might be puppet master.

You miss the point Bros ... it is human nature to want to find someone to blame for what we don't like. To you, the boogie man is Murdock, that is what makes you do this unbelievable master acrobatic triple jump, that allows you to link a report based on real interviews, to an imaginary dark puppet master who makes the presenter say what he wants. i wonder how Murdock makes the interviewees say what he wants. Telepathic powers? Jedday?
    John Adams

4K Club Member

Murdoch is an evil little parasite, even his mother didn't like him.
    "A big boy did it and ran away"

Legal disclaimer denying responsibility to be inserted here.

Community Moderator

You miss the point Bros ... it is human nature to want to find someone to blame for what we don't like. To you, the boogie man is Murdock, that is what makes you do this unbelievable master acrobatic triple jump, that allows you to link a report based on real interviews, to an imaginary dark puppet master who makes the presenter say what he wants. i wonder how Murdock makes the interviewees say what he wants. Telepathic powers? Jedday?
    I did think you were smarter than that but I will have to reevaluate my thinking.

You don't have to directly influence employees directly it can be done subtle take the banking industry the culture started at the top then there is big business and i would go to far as to say you set the culture for your children to live by when they were under your roof.

I'll treat your further posts on this to be nothing but trolling and I will not respond.

There also appears to be some form of lockstep between our Liberals and Murdoch on new slants and challenges, there is little doubt Murdoch pulls the strings when it suits him. Fox news pitches its newscasts well to the right but short of the extreme right leaving that to Breitbart and the other rabid nutters on the fringe, they employ right wing commentators who are happy to peddle in lies, promote some fairly obnoxious liars and there is little doubt they have enabled the Trump Whitehouse to run a show using the incompetent and unqualified. Murdoch also peddles the views of the discredited with little care for decent journalism and the truth. Having said that they do have some very good journalists but the number of those is dwindling. The American Republican party got hijacked by the religious right during the tea party rise, if you notice the same started to happen here but there are some efforts by our political parties to weed out these fruitcakes which have had some success.

There has been little change since "Cuba libre" and the Che followers chanting "Yankee imperialist", and the rhetoric of the left today. The masses are still tuned to the reasoning that whoever has more money than them is a criminal and must be divested of his assets for the greater good ... or words to that effect.
    The excuses are multiple and new ones come to be in a timely fashion.

"Global warming" was a good one but lost traction, so there was a need for pulling the masses into line, so what better than an epidemic? It will keep people broke and scared and give the big "benefactors" a chance to shine and spread their evil, dressed as "altruism".
    Big Reset? May be, or may be something else. The real puppet masters dressed in sheep clothes are industrious and have the media on their payroll. You can easily spot them, they all have a halo.

Whilst the die hard leftist dream of stripping the billionaires to punish their evil capitalist deeds and keep the spoils to distribute among their unworthy colleagues, those other billionaires who pretend to be on your side are accumulating much more than assets, they are accumulating power by taking it away from you. Yes, that Che t shirt is faded and useless and it was so from the first day ... only you did not know. You really wanted it to be true.

Deflection is a well known defence mechanism used by most from early childhood. The best example is in religion. The devil is the one to blame.
    It appears that some never grow up, and besides grooming their percieved inadequacies, most likely not even deserved, find it easier to blame others for the shape the world is taking.

So many "murdocks" are nailed to the wall, and so many popes and royal and benefactors, are acclaimed by the masses that need someone to save them ... most of the time from themselves.
    We live in interesting times.
    John Adams

There has been little change since "Cuba libre" and the Che followers chanting "Yankee imperialist", and the rhetoric of the left today. The masses are still tuned to the reasoning that whoever has more money than them is a criminal and must be divested of his assets for the greater good ... or words to that effect.
    The excuses are multiple and new ones come to be in a timely fashion.

"Global warming" was a good one but lost traction, so there was a need for pulling the masses into line, so what better than an epidemic? It will keep people broke and scared and give the big "benefactors" a chance to shine and spread their evil, dressed as "altruism".
    Big Reset? May be, or may be something else. The real puppet masters dressed in sheep clothes are industrious and have the media on their payroll. You can easily spot them, they all have a halo.

Whilst the die hard leftist dream of stripping the billionaires to punish their evil capitalist deeds and keep the spoils to distribute among their unworthy colleagues, those other billionaires who pretend to be on your side are accumulating much more than assets, they are accumulating power by taking it away from you. Yes, that Che t shirt is faded and useless and it was so from the first day ... only you did not know. You really wanted it to be true.

Deflection is a well known defence mechanism used by most from early childhood. The best example is in religion. The devil is the one to blame.
    It appears that some never grow up, and besides grooming their percieved inadequacies, most likely not even deserved, find it easier to blame others for the shape the world is taking.

So many "murdocks" are nailed to the wall, and so many popes and royal and benefactors, are acclaimed by the masses that need someone to save them ... most of the time from themselves.
    We live in interesting times.
    I must admit Marc, you do seem to enjoy an over the top fact free rant.

4K Club Member

Funny thing. I must be getting less smart with age. I've only just realised that the Mr Burns character in the Simpsons is a caricature of Rupert Murdoch

2K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog55 View Post
    Funny thing. I must be getting less smart with age. I've only just realised that the Mr Burns character in the Simpsons is a caricature of Rupert Murdoch
    Sorry, as a Simpsons fan, this cannot go unchecked. The real life scrooge that Montgomery Burns is based on is John D Rockefeller and the founder of Fox (Barry Diller) for the physical attributes - note Barry diller was instrumental in the simpsons getting a run.

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy2 View Post
    Sorry, as a Simpsons fan, this cannot go unchecked. The real life scrooge that Montgomery Burns is based on is John D Rockefeller and the founder of Fox (Barry Diller) for the physical attributes - note Barry diller was instrumental in the simpsons getting a run.
    Rupert Murdoch is just an accidental caricature of the Mr Burns character in the Simpsons, though Rupert does a particularly good job of it.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

4K Club Member

True when the series started I know; but over time the character has become more and more like the real life Murdoch; perhaps not quite as nasty tho.

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy2 View Post
    Sorry, as a Simpsons fan, this cannot go unchecked.
    I am getting disappointed as I am not a Simpson's fan as I saw one episode and its not for me, seems like I have missed something in life.

2K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by John2b View Post
    Rupert Murdoch is just an accidental caricature of the Mr Burns character in the Simpsons, though Rupert does a particularly good job of it.
    life immitating art......

never seen the relevance really to Murdoch - just a nasty rich dude, now if he owned the TV station or the newspaper I'd be there....

And Moe's likeness is based on Rich Hall - which I didnt know till today, but how did I miss it

2K Club Member

bTW, the Chadox1 vaccine is supposed to publish their data in the lancet tomorrrow, so we might find out if the lower results are due to screening PCR tests, and if there's a pattern of better response in the elderly - the 2 things most at question to explain the different results.

7K Club Member

I am getting disappointed as I am not a Simpson's fan as I saw one episode and its not for me, seems like I have missed something in life.
    Google 'Simpsons predictions', and you might just want to binge the show for a while

me too. Does Scomo have a caricature?

watch what they do, not what they say...

But Prime Minister Scott Morrison has repeatedly said the Government's priority was to bring Australians home.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ogram/12928626

The first charter flight of international students is set to arrive in Darwin tomorrow under a pilot program to bring students back to Australia. Up to 70 students from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Vietnam, and Indonesia are scheduled to arrive at Darwin International Airport at 7:20am on Monday

4K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by toooldforthis View Post
    Does Scomo have a caricature?
    Scomo only speaks platitudes so banal that I suspect a cracature would just bore an audience into a coma. Which is pretty much what has happened in real life with Australians comatose about Scomoron's guvmint's nefarious behaviour.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

A new trend has emerged as Australian citizens stuck offshore due to border lockdowns have started enrolling in Australian universities, to expedite their return home.

https://watertonchronicle.com/2020/0...get-back-home/

“What a fool believes, he sees. No wise man has the power to reason away”- The Doobie Brothers

4K Club Member

Yes. On their 'About' page: "And remember, it’s satire. That means we report the news in a banterish kind of way. The stories are meant to be fun, not necessarily the truth."

1K Club Member

not necessarily the truth."
    Not alone in that.

1K Club Member

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...466-1/fulltext

Link to the Lancet report on the Oxford vaccine

Yes. On their 'About' page: "And remember, it’s satire. That means we report the news in a banterish kind of way. The stories are meant to be fun, not necessarily the truth."
    The question was rhetorical. Obviously it is satire. The scary thing is that some believe this cr*p.

“Man. I mean obviously red is racist against the First Nations peoples of North America. How could you not know this? Don’t even get me started about the Redskins. And Red Bull is clearly using the colour blue to persecute Scandinavian and Scottish people, man.” Lewis explained.”
    “What a fool believes, he sees. No wise man has the power to reason away”- The Doobie Brothers

I wonder if people have pooped their way through their toilet paper stash?
    May be 6 month more?
    John Adams

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford View Post
    As soon as I saw Sky News I stopped looking.

4K Club Member

Well, as a Forum Moderator I would have thought it prudent of you to at least view the content in case it breached forum rules...........
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

2K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by UseByDate View Post
    The question was rhetorical. Obviously it is satire. The scary thing is that some believe this cr*p.

“Man. I mean obviously red is racist against the First Nations peoples of North America. How could you not know this? Don’t even get me started about the Redskins. And Red Bull is clearly using the colour blue to persecute Scandinavian and Scottish people, man.” Lewis explained.”
    Good satire is good because there is an element of the populace that would believe it - its also what makes online forums somewhat frustrating - because there is always the guy who doesnt get dry humour - a good number of these seem to become moderators on whirlpool, so anything amusing, a play on words or beliefs becomes trolling. Dry humour, satire, sarcasm seems to have a real home in English based cultures - and others simply dont get the intent at all.

Community Moderator

Well, as a Forum Moderator I would have thought it prudent of you to at least view the content in case it breached forum rules...........
    I trust you.

Yes I am the same when I see ABC
    John Adams

4K Club Member

As the post author, one would have thought you would give some insight into why you posted the link, or at the very least offer a summary of its content before you waste everyone's time on a loonatic fringe balderdash rant. We can all waste our own time without your help.

4K Club Member

On the news tonight, Covid 19 existed in the US before it was detected in Wuhan. No doubt Trump will rush to Twitter tonight to apologise for calling the US Virus the China Virus

On the news tonight,
    Got a link that proves
    Covid 19 existed in the US before it was detected in Wuhan.
    Having it and detecting/declaring it are two different things.

On the news tonight, Covid 19 existed in the US before it was detected in Wuhan. Do doubt Trump will rush to Twitter tonight to apologise for calling the US Virus the China Virus
    John I would expect you could back that notion up a bit more than "on the news tonight". Doesn't modelling show that claim to be unlikely!

There are reports of it existing in other countries before its discovery in China, it may have been a dormant virus that roared into life in Wuhan, France I think found an October 2019 postive test when they did some back testing. Not much to read into it other than China may have been unlucky or that it accidently provided ideal conditions for the virus to become life threatening in humans. Hopefully we get some research by world leaders in this type of forensic examination and we get some answers, which may help next time something like this strikes. Somehow the politics has to be removed and it is just scientists that follow the trail. Chinese sensitivity is not helping, nor is the bellicose rhetoric coming from the White house. Claims it was man made have been widely refuted. It seems it was probably in many countries in 2019 and possibly much earlier than that lying dormant.

Quote Originally Posted by phild01 View Post
    John I would expect you could back that notion up a bit more than "on the news tonight". Doesn't modelling show that claim to be unlikely!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/6475864002/

there you go!

Let's not get to excited these are all tit bits of information, we are a long way from knowing when and how it started.

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post

Let's not get to excited these are all tit bits of information, we are a long way from knowing when and how it started.
    I don’t think we will ever know just a lot of guessing.

I'm guessing the ABC is an acceptable news source.

Australian WHO investigator says China tensions won't get in the way of his probe into coronavirus COVID-19 origins

"Finding the original animal or 'patient zero' may be very difficult if not impossible," he said.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...probe/12942802

I don’t think we will ever know just a lot of guessing.
    It would seem from what you read that there is little hope of finding case zero, however we should be able to increase the level of knowledge especially once Chinese scientists engage with Western scientists and there is a greater level of sharing of research, assuming politics can be set aside. It would be a huge step forward if they can not only confirm the source in Wuhan (the wet market is still the front runner) but also how it got into the market in the first place, was it a live animal, packaged goods from elsewhere or even human to human transmission from a visitor or worker.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/6475864002/

there you go!

... link needs an account or get advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by phild01 View Post
    ... link needs an account or get advertising.
    Bugger, its a storm in a tea cup anyway, already old news.

I do wonder about os travelling and people feeling the vaccine is the protection we need. Just because the vaccine protects the traveller it doesn't stop them from dragging it back into our safe haven.

4K Club Member

I'm guessing the ABC is an acceptable news source.
    Acceptable to whom? People who want to understand the truth are not beholden to any particular 'source'.

If you want to draw differences between news sources, some news sources exist because, no matter how naive the journalists are, the journalists think they are acting in the public interest, whilst other 'news' sources engage 'journalists' who act purely to facilitate obfuscation to promote the interests of their elite financial benefactors, and who are handsomely recompensed accordingly.

4K Club Member

"Finding the original animal or 'patient zero' may be very difficult if not impossible"

And determining whether the original animal or 'patient zero' was in a wet market or not is likely pointless - like trying to determine whether global warming started at a particular boy scout cook up.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast