Corona virus

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 2704

9 new cases of clots in the last week.
    Considering that we have so far vaccinated a grand total of 500,000 people twice ... I think that th one in 100,000 incidence of clots is baloney. More like 1:10,000 I say.

And 100% of vaccinators are muslims in Australia ... according to channel 9 picture selection.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...4-5a627b051d8d
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

When it comes to public health issues, authorities don't see people as individual humans, rather like commodities, like a trader sees the market fluctuations, and also like an actor sees it's audience. Actions are taken when all the variables are considered, and when all the possible purposes, prestige and all commercial and political side effects are in place.
    Sad but true.
    Just watch the covid vaccination show. We have vaccinated half a million people with both dosis out of 26 millions, yet regulated, controlled, debated and talked everything to death.
    We have buffoons in charge. Just imagine the comedy show if Albo was in charge.

Can you see the "leaders" in action if we ever have a real war on our shores?
    John Adams

I wonder if new mdf is safer. Low emission low formaldehyde. Still softwood and hardwood of all forms are class 1a carcinogens.

The few times I’ve been slack with Ppe make me regret it when your hear of someone with it. It really is about constant vigilance

marc I don’t know who to blame more for the rollout failure. Certainly the media trumping up the clotting issue hasn’t helped.

currently only 25 casss out of 2+ million az doses in Australia and only 1 death.

all this vaccine hesitancy saying they don’t know what’s in it. Wel do we know what’s in our water. Food the supplements we take. Some or even many of these people drink smoke and eat meat which are all carcinogenic. We know the risk of blood clots from covid itself is 10-15x that of the vaccine.

the biggest issue is that the country has to open up to tourism eventually. It’s a huge part of our economy. It’s pure fact the gov can’t keep locking down forever. By the years end everyone will have been offered a Pfizer or moderna or maybe novovax and if people choose not to have it they’re actively damaging the country and the economy if they get sick from covid and need hospitalization. it costs 80-200,000 to have them on a ventilator for 2-4 weeks depending on what complications they have.

A very small number of covid cases costs not only small businesses but huge amounts of taxpayer dollars as well. Look at this week lockdown. The estimated cost of this 1 week lockdown is 1 billion dollars. Because despite what everyone wants to believe. The 10-20% of covid cases that end up in hospital end up requiring a large amount of resources to keep alive and so we all have to go do our bit to literally save our country from economic collapse. And for me that means encouraging everyone to go get vaccinated.

A study showing blood clots and the number of hospitalisations prevented, deaths prevented and ICU admissions prevented for high, medium and low community transmission of the covid virus for AZ (one dose) vaccinated people broken down by age group.
    https://twitter.com/PaulNuki/status/1385619405418160132
    “What a fool believes, he sees. No wise man has the power to reason away”- The Doobie Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by s900t8v View Post
    marc I don’t know who to blame more for the rollout failure. Certainly the media trumping up the clotting issue hasn’t helped.

currently only 25 casss out of 2+ million az doses in Australia and only 1 death.
    Yea ...well ...I don't blame you for the wrong numbers. The information is usually buried with a lot of BS.
    "Doses given" ...what does that even mean? given to who? put in the fridge?
    The sad reality is that we have vaccinated about 500,000 people with both doses. If you read the stats they talk about 1.1 million but that is counting the same person twice, first and second shot. Grand BS. Plus the numbers are all over the place. For data that is centralised, this is scandalous.

Location Doses given Fully vaccinated % of population fully vaccinated
    Australia
    3.8M3,800,000

473K473,000

1.9%

John Adams

I am afraid you are missing the point with that table.
    No one, at least I am not, denying the obvious fact that the risk of no immunisation in a high risk environment, (and that it is not Australia) is higher than the risk of blood clots.
    I am saying that Australia government is insisting in using a product that includes a risk that is unnecessary because there are alternatives. This is pure pigheadedness and pride of an incompetent administration. The risk of infection exists yet we are adding yet another gratuitous risk, with the excuse that the risk of no vaccine is higher. This is a strawman argument. The reality is that a bad vaccine is given and choices withdrawn.
    The AZ vaccine should be returned to the manufacturer and ask for the money back.

More backflip on the origin of sars2
    https://youtu.be/kfP9gyg6V_o
    John Adams

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by phild01 View Post
    They might even let infection leak out a bit to this end!
    Look what infection has done in Victoria with vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    9 new cases of clots in the last week.
    Considering that we have so far vaccinated a grand total of 500,000 people twice ... I think that th one in 100,000 incidence of clots is baloney. More like 1:10,000 I say.

And 100% of vaccinators are muslims in Australia ... according to channel 9 picture selection.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...4-5a627b051d8d
    The table also shows the number of blood clots (with low platelets) per 100,000 doses of AZ. Death rate is 18% of cases.
    Age 20-29 = 1.9
    Age 30-39 = 1.8
    Age 40-49 = 2.1
    Age 50-59 = 1.1
    Age 60-69 = 1.0
    Age 70-79 = 0.5
    Age 80-89 = 0.4
    The BBC news this morning gave the following figures.
    Number of AZ doses administered in the UK to date 35,000,000.
    Number of blood clot cases (vast majority from first dose) 332.
    Number of deaths from the clots 58.
    73.8% of the adult population have received their first dose of a covid vaccine (from any manufacturer).
    46.5% of the of the adult population have had two doses.

The table also offers the following advice in a low transmission environment and states the following.
    LOW transmission, of the type we now have in the UK. Here the risk/ benefit swings quite markedly, up to age 50 in fact, according to the EMA data. BUT unless you can get another jab, ask yourself this: how long will infection rates remain low in your area?”

I have had my first dose of AZ (my risk of a blood clot is 1 per 200,000) and I chose to have it because we cannot guarantee that Australia will not have a massive outbreak of covid before Pfizer, or any other mRNA vaccine, becomes available for all the population. If there was a guarantee then I would have waited for Pfizer. Hopefully any boosters required will be mRNA based.
    “What a fool believes, he sees. No wise man has the power to reason away”- The Doobie Brothers

Get the pfizer for second dose and you get a higher immune response.
    John Adams

Yea ...well ...I don't blame you for the wrong numbers. The information is usually buried with a lot of BS.
    "Doses given" ...what does that even mean? given to who? put in the fridge?
    The sad reality is that we have vaccinated about 500,000 people with both doses. If you read the stats they talk about 1.1 million but that is counting the same person twice, first and second shot. Grand BS. Plus the numbers are all over the place. For data that is centralised, this is scandalous.

Location Doses given Fully vaccinated % of population fully vaccinated
    Australia 3.8M3,800,000 473K473,000 1.9%
    The problem with the AZ vaccine is you have to wait 3 months before you get the second jab, so this will explain why the numbers are currently low for fully vaccinated people.
    The first doses of AZ arrived in the country on the 29th Feb, then had to get them from Sydney to other parts of the country, so we are just on the 12 weeks time required between doses.

Studies have shown the AZ to have a 81% efficacy when there is a 12 week period between the 1st and 2nd shot.
    Partial protection is achieved only after day 12 of the first shot, so all the people rushing out now in Melbourne to get vaccinated thinking they will be protected, won't really have any protection until a week after lockdown.

At least they can go home to their latest hoards of toilet paper, this latest hoarding in Melbourne just goes to prove how stupid humans really are, it didn't achieve anything the first three times why would this time be any different.
    Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by UseByDate View Post
    I have had my first dose of AZ (my risk of a blood clot is 1 per 200,000) and I chose to have it because we cannot guarantee that Australia will not have a massive outbreak of covid before Pfizer, or any other mRNA vaccine, becomes available for all the population. If there was a guarantee then I would have waited for Pfizer. Hopefully any boosters required will be mRNA based.
    Not a bad way to think. I think the ratio could be a lot lower as some people will have various levels of reaction and I feel sure that there would have been many instance of blood clots that would just form and go away with the person just having a sore leg for a shot time.

I will be going to see my Dr in two weeks to find out if it is OK to get the AZ for me as I have below normal level of platelets now and I want to know if the vaccine will push my platelets even lower. Last time I saw him he asked me to wait so I will see what he says now.

4K Club Member

Get the pfizer for second dose and you get a higher immune response.
    That's not going to happen any time soon with this government but I can that happening for the third [ booster ] shot.
    "A big boy did it and ran away"

Legal disclaimer denying responsibility to be inserted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog55 View Post
    That's not going to happen any time soon with this government but I can that happening for the third [ booster ] shot.
    October for Pfizer, Moderna is also in the pipeline. Mind you, Pfizer had some cases of myocarditis in young male, completely unreported here.

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    The problem with the AZ vaccine is you have to wait 3 months before you get the second jab, so this will explain why the numbers are currently low for fully vaccinated people.
    6 to 12 week ... still, you can not count the same person twice to pretend a higher number of vaccinated people.
    Shamble is the word that comes to mind.
    And for the morons in Canberra to jump ahead of the queue and get the Pfizer, then say it is only for health workers on the frontline, that puts us on the same level as Nordkorea.
    John Adams

John Adams

Brazil has been mainly using the Sputnik vaccine. It has rejected offers for the ones we are using here

[Brasil]
    The South American country is deeply divided over Bolsonaro's repeated attacks on anti-pandemic measures including stay-at-home orders and face masks.

Around 4.6 percent of Brazil's population has received at least one dose of vaccine so far.
    Currently, the two shots being used in Brazil are the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and Chinese-developed CoronaVac.
    Pazuello presented a vaccination timeline with a somewhat improved outlook, though the doses will take time to arrive.
    For example, the bulk of the Pfizer vaccine doses—86.5 million—will arrive in the second half of the year.
    The government is also negotiating another 13 million doses of fellow US pharmaceutical firm Moderna's vaccine.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...r-vaccine.html

Sputnik vaccines ordered from Russia by country
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ia-by-country/
    John Adams

And of course the future king has the solution ready for the commoners
    https://youtu.be/-m0CZcUoiAs?t=232
    John Adams

[Brasil]
    The South American country is deeply divided over Bolsonaro's repeated attacks on anti-pandemic measures including stay-at-home orders and face masks.

Around 4.6 percent of Brazil's population has received at least one dose of vaccine so far.
    Currently, the two shots being used in Brazil are the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and Chinese-developed CoronaVac.
    Pazuello presented a vaccination timeline with a somewhat improved outlook, though the doses will take time to arrive.
    For example, the bulk of the Pfizer vaccine doses—86.5 million—will arrive in the second half of the year.
    The government is also negotiating another 13 million doses of fellow US pharmaceutical firm Moderna's vaccine.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...r-vaccine.html

Sputnik vaccines ordered from Russia by country
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ia-by-country/
    Yes, I have seen those reports, I have a friend who is a Doctor in Sao Paulo and another who is in a non medical field in Rio, from converations they have said the main vaccine used initially is Sputnik, Brazil seems unhappy with Sinovac and there are supply issues with AZ and Pfizer. There is no point tossing this around its a fluid situation, I'm quite uncertain as to where they are now in their vaccination program.

....probably no surprise that we are likely to be in lockdown a lot longer than 7 days.

Other half is in the private hospital system and the Gov has now implemented the same controls as the first 2 lockdowns to keep nurses employed processing public patients as elective surgeries have obviously been cancelled. Cant see them implementing this measure for just another 3 days of lock down, so they must be thinking of a lot longer term. Expect a likely public announcement in the next couple of days.

Not surprising but really disappointing for all the people affected (if the prediction is true) given once again its the gov (all are tarred with the same brush) lack of vision and accountability that has caused this in the first place through a many failures

Whats also surprising is the lack of programs to provide front line work forces to get the jab - hospitals, nursing homes, emergency services. Some nutter did discuss this but as usual never followed through with tangible actions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Yes, I have seen those reports, I have a friend who is a Doctor in Sao Paulo and another who is in a non medical field in Rio, from conversations they have said the main vaccine used initially is Sputnik, Brazil seems unhappy with Sinovac and there are supply issues with AZ and Pfizer. There is no point tossing this around its a fluid situation, I'm quite uncertain as to where they are now in their vaccination program.
    South America data is unreliable at best. Argentina claims to have vaccinated 11 millions. A complete fabrication. This epidemy is a god send for politicians, as all catastrophes real or imaginary are for them. Unfortunately not for us.
    John Adams

Might be worth an hour of everyone's time:https://vimeo.com/553673924.

Gotta go.

1K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredgassit View Post
    Might be worth an hour of everyone's time:https://vimeo.com/553673924.
    Pass.

South America data is unreliable at best. Argentina claims to have vaccinated 11 millions. A complete fabrication. This epidemy is a god send for politicians, as all catastrophes real or imaginary are for them. Unfortunately not for us.
    We have family in Argentina, although the generation we had contact with have now died so no contact in recent years. It seemed their lives were punctuated bu crooked Co-op managers, dodgy pension payments and graft and corruption screwing them at every turn. A country that had so much promise after WW2, these days it just seems to battle messes of its own making.

And the big morons are now exposed.
    oh no ... it's a conspiracy.
    Yea right.

https://youtu.be/32V-e7saq60
    John Adams

I'll be avoiding it, never did like it. Moderna is of interest though.
    The wait maybe over soon, now 50 - 60 will get Pfizer and only get AZ if the patient "requests it" and is fully aware of the risks.
    There is talk the AZ will be phased out completely due to loss of confidence in it by consumers.

Just like anything that comes out first such as a new model of a car, you usually wait for the second version before purchasing as the initial bugs should have been ironed out

Still unavailable to me.

I nearly went for the AZ but held off. The AZ should have been dumped there being better alternatives... it is so second rate!

Something tonight on TV was the suggestion that younger people have better immune systems that make them more vulnerable to clotting. My immune system is pretty good too so will hang on for as long as possible.

Let's face it, two Australians would be alive today except for the dogmatic approach for exhausting the AZ supply on older people and protecting the Australian manufactured AZ.

Still unavailable to me.

Let's face it, two Australians would be alive today except for the dogmatic approach for exhausting the AZ supply on older people and protecting the Australian manufactured AZ.
    Over 800 Australians would also be here today if it wasn't for the incompetence of the Victorian Gov't.

I guess the gov't had to secure whatever unproven vaccines were being developed at the time, nobody knew in the early days that any one vaccine was going to be any better than any other in relation to risks.
    All that was being talked about was the effectiveness of them, not so much the risks.

All medications have associated risks, some people are susceptible to side affects from any medication while others are not affected.
    If it wasn't for the new generation of vaccines developed which have had a good trial run with Corona, there would be no choice.

I guess this is a wakeup call for Australia and other countries, they need to setup local production of mRNA or whatever is the next generation technology as it is developed locally so they are not at the mercy of the supply chain.
    Australia is well respected in the Biosciences field, we need to setup local facilities with the latest technologies to keep us up with or ahead of the best out there.

Still unavailable to me.

I nearly went for the AZ but held off. The AZ should have been dumped there being better alternatives... it is so second rate!

Something tonight on TV was the suggestion that younger people have better immune systems that make them more vulnerable to clotting. My immune system is pretty good too so will hang on for as long as possible.

SWSLHD-EOC-CoVaxBookings@health.nsw.gov.au

Send an email to the above link, stating that you have propensity to DVT and that you would like to book for a Pfizer vaccination in the Ngara clinic in Liverpool Hospital.

• Liverpool Vaccination Clinic – Pfizer ONLY

Located in the Ngara Education Centre - 52 Scrivener Street, Warwick Farm
    Parking - There is parking located in 32 Scrivener Street.
    Hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (last booking slot at 4.45pm), Saturday, 9am to 4pm (last booking slot 3.45pm)

The guidelines have changed once more and now it is AZ only for over 60, up from 50. Also, Gp to be supplied with Pfizer soon. They say October but ... who knows.
    I agree that the whole exercise is a shamble, even when in my wife's clinic they have given thousands of AZ with zero side effects.

If you look at the tinpot republic of victoria and the police action there, I think NSW is kindergarten.
    John Adams

Still unavailable to me.

UK figures for fully vaccinated people.
    AZ is 92% effective at preventing serious Covid - 19 illness.
    Pfizer is 96% effective at preventing serious Covid - 19 illness.

An optimist would look at these figures and conclude that both vaccines provide nearly the same level of protection.

A pessimist would look at the figures and conclude that AZ is cr@p because twice as many people who had the AZ vaccine get seriously ill as those who had the Pfizer vaccine.
    8% v 4% ie AZ (100% - 92%) v Pfizer (100%- 96%)

...just got ours yesterday (me & the wifey).
    As she is in health care, classed as cat.1 but being over 50 wasnt entitled for the PF....and wouldnt you know it, the recommendations changed to 60 years yesterday.
    Anyway, seems difficult in getting access to PF with the limited doses available so went ahead with the booked appoint for AZ and despite the % differences (larger gap for the India strain), some coverage is better than none.

Interesting how people's bodies react to the same vaccine.
    Me - nothing yesterday but sore arm today ...bit like a tetnus shot.
    Wifey - by 9pm, had large tummy cramps, felt a little nausea, cold and aching all over. Today still aching and feeling like crap today...but better than last night and will likely need tomorrow off from work.
    One of her colleagues had the same reaction but the vast majority of people I know have little to no reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart1080 View Post
    ...just got ours yesterday (me & the wifey).
    As she is in health care, classed as cat.1 but being over 50 wasnt entitled for the PF....and wouldnt you know it, the recommendations changed to 60 years yesterday.
    Anyway, seems difficult in getting access to PF with the limited doses available so went ahead with the booked appoint for AZ and despite the % differences (larger gap for the India strain), some coverage is better than none.

Interesting how people's bodies react to the same vaccine.
    Me - nothing yesterday but sore arm today ...bit like a tetnus shot.
    Wifey - by 9pm, had large tummy cramps, felt a little nausea, cold and aching all over. Today still aching and feeling like crap today...but better than last night and will likely need tomorrow off from work.
    One of her colleagues had the same reaction but the vast majority of people I know have little to no reaction.
    A guy I work with, had the AZ and he felt sick for 2 days after, but was ok after that.

UK figures for fully vaccinated people.
    AZ is 92% effective at preventing serious Covid - 19 illness.
    Pfizer is 96% effective at preventing serious Covid - 19 illness.

An optimist would look at these figures and conclude that both vaccines provide nearly the same level of protection.

A pessimist would look at the figures and conclude that AZ is cr@p because twice as many people who had the AZ vaccine get seriously ill as those who had the Pfizer vaccine.
    8% v 4% ie AZ (100% - 92%) v Pfizer (100%- 96%)
    Not even close.

Read here, what efficacy actually mean.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...explained.html
    John Adams

7K Club Member

I had AZ dose1 last Monday. I was just very tired the following day, early night, all good. I didn't notice the site until the next day when I touched it, and can still notice it.

Australia is in danger of ongoing lockdowns until we get this done at scale. Much of the affected world is opening up due to high vaccination rates and just the fear of a bit of a sniffle

If we had more Pfizer or even Moderna, the vaccination would have been so much quicker.

2K Club Member

If we had more Pfizer or even Moderna, the vaccination would have been so much quicker.
    knowing our media, we would all be talking about pericarditis in younger males or anaphylaxis risk - facebook would be full of even more stupid about sterility.

Delta variant is out and about again - and we are running out of our nine lives - Ro is over 6, 20% of hopsitalisations are young with this variant. We need to ring up Biden and tell him Pine gap closes next week unless we get 5m pfizer vaccines by end June.... lol

All other variants are irrelevant now until we get variant x (god knows what that will be).

We've also had a great deal of badluck with vaccines - AZ had huge production problems, then we had someone in thie wisdom holding onto second doses, and Euro blocking, which all would have meant 2m more poeple vaccinated before the problems that sent ATAGI into a spin. UOQ would have been available about now, and novavax was supposed to be in full 200m a month production by now as well, pfizer also were supposed to have already supplied their initial 10m doses by end of this month and they havent.

All in all its not going as well as hoped

Not even close.

Read here, what efficacy actually mean.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...explained.html
    How efficacy is defined will affect how “well” a vaccine “works”. The headline efficacy figure is determined by establishing the chances of getting a case of Covid if you are vaccinated versus not being vaccinated. Another definition of efficacy is defined as how well the vaccine reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill (need hospitalisation) with Covid versus not being vaccinated. Obviously the second definition will result in much higher efficacy than the first. After all you can't become seriously ill with Covid if you have not contracted it in the first place.
    My understanding (and it could be wrong) is that the figures quoted in my post of #2529 relate to how well the vaccines reduce the number of hospitalisations.
    Say we have three groups of 1000 people. All 3000 people have contracted Covid. The first group is not vaccinated. The second group has been vaccinated with AZ. The third group has been vaccinated with Pfizer. Now let us assume that 10% of people who contract Covid and are not vaccinated need hospitalisation. (I don't know the actual figure).
    So 100 people in the first non- vaccinated group will need hospitalisation.
    The reduction quoted for AZ is 92%. Therefore instead of 100 people in the second group needing hospitalisation only 8 people will need hospitalisation.
    The reduction quoted for Pfizer is 96%. Therefore instead of 100 people in the third group needing hospitalisation only 4 people will need hospitalisation.

Problem is it's not quite as simple as if we had more, if everyone in the world needs vaccinating that will be more than 14 billion shots that need to be produced.

Our chances of getting enough of any vaccine in the early stages was probably hopeful at the best, The AZ vaccine was promoted as being the answer to the worlds problem, and it has been effective.
    Side effects, some will get sick, some will get very sick and some will die, that's just part of any medication, once you start to roll out any medication you will get people react to it.

As Pfizer was developed in America and Germany, we probably had buckleys of getting any decent supplies as the EU and USA will look after their own first, and as Australia was not in desperate need of the vaccine we wouldn't have had any priority.
    This is why the AZ would have been out answer as we can produce it locally.

If only we had invested in the mRNA technology we would have been able to produce the newer vaccines.
    I guess we WILL be investing in the equipment now to do this, but it's too late now we nee dto rely on other producers to give us the amount we require.

Funny thing is even with all our problems etc as of yesterday we are as 25 vaccines per 100 people, which is still ahead of countries like Japan (23), New Zealand (18) and most surprisingly Taiwan at 7.0.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html

Taiwan's low numbers was due to them refusing the Chinese vaccine, now they are having outbreaks and low vaccine levels, this is why the US landed a military plane there last week donating 750,000 vaccines to Taiwan, this has upset China as no C-17 US military planes have landed in Taiwan since 1995.

Has anyone discussed about the amount of medical waste this pandemic is generating ?, what is happening to it all, Billions of masks, gloves, test swabs, packaging, glass vials, syringes, when this is over I can see this is going to be a huge environmental issue.

2K Club Member

So 100 people in the first non- vaccinated group will need hospitalisation.
    The reduction quoted for AZ is 92%. Therefore instead of 100 people in the second group needing hospitalisation only 8 people will need hospitalisation.
    The reduction quoted for Pfizer is 96%. Therefore instead of 100 people in the third group needing hospitalisation only 4 people will need hospitalisation.
    The other way to look at it, is from the individuals perspective - with a long term chance of getting covid being almost 1, you've reduced your chance of hospitalisation in your example from 1 in 10, to 1 in 125 or 1 in 250.

1 in 10 is very real risk and easily conceived of, 1 in 125 is a risk faced that is relevant to your acquaintances not really you

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    Has anyone discussed about the amount of medical waste this pandemic is generating ?, what is happening to it all, Billions of masks, gloves, test swabs, packaging, glass vials, syringes, when this is over I can see this is going to be a huge environmental issue.
    Was holidaying down at Lorne for 3 days a few weeks before the latest lock-down, disgraceful seeing not only the usual plastic rubbish thrown in the scrub looking out over a "view" at different point along the Great Ocean Road but now also masks.

...and if I were to take a cynical look at it, not only has it escaped from the labs but that same gov has made a squillion supplying the world with these supplies.

My understanding (and it could be wrong) is that the figures quoted in my post of #2529 relate to how well the vaccines reduce the number of hospitalisations.

Same understanding.
    Its not that you wont get it, its how ill you can potentially become without it for all those that dont have a level of immunity or "resistance". Our hospitals in Vic were close to collapsing 12 months ago with only a relatively minor infection rate compared to other countries which a high vaccine rate will likely avoid.

If choice was available would have preferred Pf but its not so AZ is the next best thing in my mind to achieving that level of resistance. Its apparently not as effective as PF against the new variants but miles better than nothing. And who knows, its likely to become a regular cash cow for the phara world once its known how long the resistance lasts for - 1, 2, 5 or every 10 years in which case there will be other opportunities to get a better longer term or high % resistance once the data is known.

4K Club Member

Booked my follow-up AZ shot for tomorrow. If I drop dead I'll let you all know

Booked my follow-up AZ shot for tomorrow. If I drop dead I'll let you all know
    Ok, we will wait for the update from Cecile

Interesting what's happening in the US OF A, large gatherings no social distancing but only for the vaccinated

capture.jpg

Interesting vaccination roadmap figures, some revisions of figures required as they wont be hitting the 2.2 2.6M Astra doses per week now.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa...s-horizons.pdf

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg  

Second AZ dose done and dusted on Sunday.

No side effects to report yet.

Let's hope with the phase out of AZ by October, everyone can get their desired vaccine by dec/jan

4K Club Member

Didn't cark-it and I've got this little piece of paper saying so now.
    Now waiting to be allowed to have the Pfizer for my booster shot in 6 months

7K Club Member

Go get that toilet paper, Sydney...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...0-dd4e2d207717

She's delaying lockdown too long. IMHO

Toilet paper everywhere here.

1K Club Member

Didn't cark-it
    Yet...is the need for a booster a definite? And do they give you any things to watch for if complications develop?

4K Club Member

Medical conjecture that mixing vaccines is the way to go for maximum protection

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast