Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

Advice on installing Brivis Networker Controller

Novice

Default Advice on installing Brivis Networker Controller

Hello,

I have an old Brivis evap cooling controller (TEK425) that I am interested in replacing with a more 'current' Brivis NC-6 Networker controller. Though I have no idea if it will be achievable with the current wiring. Below is some photos of the current controller and wiring.
    20210830_105146.jpg20210830.jpg

From what I can see with the Networker, it only accepts 2 wires in the slots TW1 & TW2. My current controller has 4 wires (5pin loom), so I don't know how to wire it up correctly. Is retrofitting even possible?

s-l1600.jpg

Any advice on what steps I can take? I was hoping it would be a simple enough re wire, but anything beyond that might no be worth it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210830_105800.jpg  

It will be the control board in the cooler that determines what type of controller can be used, the NC-6 needs to be connected to the TW1 & TW2 connection on the cooler control board if it has those connections.
    If your system is using the TEK 425 then it is unlikely there is the network controller interface on it as that is the older control system.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by droog View Post
    It will be the control board in the cooler that determines what type of controller can be used, the NC-6 needs to be connected to the TW1 & TW2 connection on the cooler control board if it has those connections.
    If your system is using the TEK 425 then it is unlikely there is the network controller interface on it as that is the older control system.
    Ahh I see. I don't have clear access to get to the cooler control board, so I'm unable to confirm right now what the connections are. But like you said, it is an older system, so I doubt it has the TW1 & TW2 connection.

How would I go about swapping over the cooler control board to something compatible. If I go down that route, is it a case that I should just upgrade the entire evap system while I'm at it?

Quote Originally Posted by basKTcase View Post
    If I go down that route, is it a case that I should just upgrade the entire evap system while I'm at it?
    While it may be possible to retrofit a new controller it is probably not a straight swap, upgrade of the entire system is easiest and would most likely perform better.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by droog View Post
    While it may be possible to retrofit a new controller it is probably not a straight swap, upgrade of the entire system is easiest and would most likely perform better.
    Thanks for the advice. I was hoping for an easy swap, but since it's going to be a bit more involved than that I'll probably wait until it becomes a necessity.