Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

Air Conditioning ducting

Novice

Default Air Conditioning ducting

Hi

I am looking for an off cut - about 100 - 120mm (yes that is all) of cream coloured A/C ducting

The story - A/C installer installed the A/C header unit too close to the wall contrary to manufacturers instructions. When it failed as it does (Fjitsu General), the company who did the warranty work would only fix it if the original A/C installer moved it back by 100mm or I paid them an extra $300 - original installer eventually and reluctantly did move it but left a huge mess - hole in wall etc which they said they would fix - but I have had plastered now but there are pipes showing which should be covered by PVC ducting - cream colour - so I need to get my hands on a small piece. Needless to say I have not heard back from original A/C installer and he/they refuses to answer or return my calls - so I guess it is up to me to fix his mess (BTW A/C installer = Peter XXXXX @ Wynnum)

Can anyone assist.

Cheers

Lawrie
    Last edited by Bedford; 12th Apr 2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Removed name to avoid legalites.

Might be a good idea to upload a picture of the duct you require.

Novice

Default Small Piece of A/C Ducting needed

Attached - (hopefully?) are the photos. One photo shows the external ducting type - the other photo shows the mess left by the A/C installer. Neither the internal or external ducting meet so matching is not necessarily an issue but I need about 100 - 150mm of some type of ducting to cover the mess inside between the internal unit and the wall. Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails external-ducting.jpg   ac-mess.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lawriet View Post
    Attached - (hopefully?) are the photos. One photo shows the external ducting type - the other photo shows the mess left by the A/C installer. Neither the internal or external ducting meet so matching is not necessarily an issue but I need about 100 - 150mm of some type of ducting to cover the mess inside between the internal unit and the wall. Cheers
    The problem you are going to have is that this type of ducting comes in two pieces, a backing piece and then the face piece. You normally screw the backing piece on but with how your pipes are coming through and how tight it is to the wall, you are going to have trouble getting it in and around the pipes and then securing it.

I would suggest that you contact another installer and ask if they have a piece of scrap or offcut laying around that you could use, preferably Aussie Duct as it is a bit wider. Try and get a longer piece too and have a practice go to see if you can get it to look good.

Good luck

Krico

Novice

Default A/C Ducting

I was thinking the same thing too - I thought I might have to slit it down the back and put the back section in from both sides, possibly glue/screw it in place and then put the top section over it to hide the pipes.

There's a lot of ways to cover that, and it doesn't have to be by duct. For example a wooden box section with only three sides.