Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

Biofuel / Ethanol

Novice

Default Biofuel / Ethanol

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a 'mood flame' from dusk for the table on my deck, it runs on an eco fuel (Ethanol type UN 1170 rectified alcohol denatured with Tertiary Butyl Alcohol 0.25%).

Does anyone know where I could buy this in bulk? A 1 litre bottle from Dusk, and as awesome as it looks, it doesnt burn for too long and costs $20 for a litre!

Would be interested in buying this in bulk (perhaps a 5l container) to keep me stocked up

Thanks for the help,

Ryan,

Soldiers Earned Your Right To Free Speech watson's Avatar

I'd try Metho.....missus bought an ethanol stove ....and that's what it uses.

Test it...carefully

You can not buy ethanol in bulk without a licence.

It is considered a controlled substance due to its favoured status in the back yard production of illegal mood altering substances....
    Joined RF in 2006...Resigned in 2020.

Old Chippy 6K

No but you can by 25L containers of methylated spirits which is simply denatured ethanol . . . try here: Methylated Spirits 25L - WF Plastic Pty Ltd or here: Industrial Methylated Spirits 25 Litre Drum. Its all here at Bulkwholesale.com.au
    Advice from me on this forum is general and for guidance based on information given by the member posing the question. Not to be used in place of professional advice from people appropriately qualified in the relevant field. All structural work must be approved and constructed to the BCA or other relevant standards by suitably licensed persons. The person doing the work and reading my advice accepts responsibility for ensuring the work done accords with the applicable law.

and what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    I'd try Metho.....missus bought an ethanol stove ....and that's what it uses

Old Chippy 6K

Sorry about the echo . . .
    Advice from me on this forum is general and for guidance based on information given by the member posing the question. Not to be used in place of professional advice from people appropriately qualified in the relevant field. All structural work must be approved and constructed to the BCA or other relevant standards by suitably licensed persons. The person doing the work and reading my advice accepts responsibility for ensuring the work done accords with the applicable law.

Hardest bit is getting them to deliver here.

Old Chippy 6K

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post

Hardest bit is getting them to deliver here.
    Tell 'em it's a satellite suburb of Bung Bong . . . they're sure to know where to go then . . .