Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

can anyone recommend air con installers in Adelaide?

Novice

Default can anyone recommend air con installers in Adelaide?

Hi all

I just bought a split system from harveys - great price, thanks to the end of year sales

I would like to find a decent air con installer in the Adelaide area that will do the job properly and not rip me off

Harveys did provide a short list of private installers, but not sure whether that would be the best way to go - should I use a company or individual? How do I know they know what they are doing?

thanks in advance for any advice

I didn't do it!

Where abouts in Adelaide are you?

Quote Originally Posted by blissin View Post

Harveys did provide a short list of private installers, but not sure whether that would be the best way to go - should I use a company or individual? How do I know they know what they are doing?
    Impossible to tell unless you know what is needed to be done to install it in the first place and quiz the guy what he plans to do. Even people's opinions are generally worthless unless they had prior knowledge of what the proper procedure was to install it which many don't. Have a read on the forum and use google to see what's involved. Your unit should of come with a very detailed install guide that leads you through all the steps if it's anything like mine. It lists distances to maintain for indoor/outdoor units, flare size for the pipes, procedure on how to complete the vacuum testing etc. Most consumers don't even look at it though and trust the installer.

I've had a chat with a few friends that recently had the AC professionally installed and when I asked whether the lines where vacuumed for 10-30 minutes none of then could recall it which means that in 3-5 years their compressors may start failing, they'll blame the air con maker when it was the installers problem. Price is no guarantee either.

Good luck.. I've come to realise it's a cowboy world out there and being arctic certified means nothing.

Novice

thanks for your replies and advice...sounds a bit scary out there, montiee!

I will be sure to read all my instructions thoroughly and hover around watching the installer carefully...will probably drive them nuts but might help avoid some future issues

I have had a friend recommend someone they have used which was bit more expensive than expected. I will get another quote from one of the installers that harvey normans have recommended

I guess then I just dive in and hope for the best

cheers