Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

Ducted self contained air conditioning system

Apprentice (new member)

Default Ducted self contained air conditioning system

Hi, in my local paper ( elwood ) there is a company called Climatica which are in Ormond, advertising a revolutionary new air conditioning system ( thier quote not mine ) which is ducted and with no outdoor unit. I think it's made by a company called Pereg which is a Israeli company. I just want to know if anyone has heard of this system before and your thoughts. I live in a top floor flat and if I did not have to have an outdoor unit it would be great. Cheers Rich.

I bought something similar for a top floor apartment in Sydney. The unit was fully self contained with a hot air duct that you hung out a door or window. It worked pretty well, and the advantage was that we could wheel it into the bedroom on hot nights (top floor, north west corner is not the coolest part of the building!)

This is a newer (and much fancier) version of the one we had
    http://www.delonghi.com.au/products/...Model=PACW160A
    Cheers,
    Anthony

Apprentice (new member)

Hi Anthony, I had one of those portable air conditioners which was sold due to the noise it made and it did not cool very well. The one that I am asking about sits in the roof and vents thru the ceiling, cooling and heating the whole house. Cheers Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by kammerhofer View Post
    I think it's made by a company called Pereg which is a Israeli company..
    Found their website here: http://www.pereg-ac.co.il/len/

Apprentice (new member)

I saw that, not much info on their air conditioners and nothing on the one that Climatica is selling. I think I will wait for feedback on their products before I part with my money.

Those ACs on wheels are crap. The big ones are very noisy and only good for a small room. Don't bother selling it, you'll only get a couple of hundred if that. Tried giving it away, couldn't even give it away!!
    I had a search for this new system, couldn't find much really. Climatica don't even have a website. I'd like to learn more about it also.
    Dan.

The basic princible of a DX based Air Con system is that you must have a condensor coil (outdoor) and a evap coil (indoor), you could have a self contained ducted system but the unit would be very big and very heavy and would have to bring in outside air to the roof cavity and exhaust air to outside, this would add huge cost. They have always had self contained ducted systems in the form of commercial package units that have both coils in them. The are reasons why resi ducted systems are split, it's cheaper, more practicle and more effective, there are many other reasons aswell. I wouldn't touch one of these for a resi job with a ten foot pool unless someone can provide more info showing that it works in some amazing way I haven't thought of.