Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

Hitachi split systems - any experiences

Novice

Default Hitachi split systems - any experiences

I'm considering buying one, there is precious little about around them though and I'm keen to hear if anyone has had experiences (positive or negative) with them.

1K Club Member

I don't know about their air-conditioners, but I've always had good experiences with other Hitachi products over the years so I'd consider it a quality brand.

Novice

We have four large (8kw) Hitachi splits in our church, and they are fabulous. We use them in our chapel and in the large hall; both of which are not insulated and have lots of windows. We needed them to heat/cool the place quickly and quietly and they do a great job.

I can highly recommend these ones!

Ben

Novice

Thank you very much for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasil View Post
    I'm considering buying one, there is precious little about around them though and I'm keen to hear if anyone has had experiences (positive or negative) with them.

Hitachi heat pumps had a very good reputation 15-20 years ago, but then they stopped importing domestic sized models. At that stage they were commonly classed with Daikin and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries as the best available. Have they started importing again?

Cheers

Graeme

Apprentice (new member)

Default Going good so far

Brasil we have a Hitachi split system in our place with two outlets and it's worked pretty hard for three years without a problem.

Apprentice (new member)

Before looking at any aircon systems have a look at this Solar /Thermal unit that has been developed/sold in Brisbane and will be sold by Harver Norman later this year.

Solar Hybrid Air Conditioning

These units run off a 1/3 of the power a standard unit. I saw it in operation at the beginning of the year and was quite impressed with it.

Old Chippy 6K

Quote Originally Posted by Craig2 View Post
    Before looking at any aircon systems have a look at this Solar /Thermal unit that has been developed/sold in Brisbane and will be sold by Harver Norman later this year.

Solar Hybrid Air Conditioning

These units run off a 1/3 of the power a standard unit. I saw it in operation at the beginning of the year and was quite impressed with it.
    Sorry, but this is not an actual product, is not yet available anywhere, the website is full of pseudo science and IMO a waste of time. Even if a prototype exists the notion that it will be 'available from Harvey Norman' anytime soon is laughable. In any case they claim to use about 35% less power not 66%.

There is plenty of work being done in Oz and overseas in this area and it is something to watch, but it is not an option right now. For example see here: T3E - Smart & Efficient Home Heating and the work being done by Mike Dennis is very promising see here: Solar air-conditioning - Solar Thermal Group - ANU and there is much potential in this one too: Chromasun, but not just yet - and most certainly not in a Harvey Norman store near you anytime soon.

More interesting and available commercially sooner (at a high cost and not to homes for a while) is this Australian designed and built CHP unit: Ceramic Fuel Cells Limited :: BlueGen

A bit off the post - apologies for that and given the age the OP has probably already installed his system!
    Advice from me on this forum is general and for guidance based on information given by the member posing the question. Not to be used in place of professional advice from people appropriately qualified in the relevant field. All structural work must be approved and constructed to the BCA or other relevant standards by suitably licensed persons. The person doing the work and reading my advice accepts responsibility for ensuring the work done accords with the applicable law.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig2 View Post
    My head hurts...
    "Every atom has an internal energy.
    This is due to the continuous motion of electron/s orbiting the neutron/s and proton/s. Electron has its own mass to move, so force is required. Electron has its own distance to move. Hence, energy is existent.
    As long as the basic of all building blocks, namely electron, proton, and neutron exist, energy can neither be destroyed nor created."
    Seems like this dude has never heard of spontaneous pair creation, or whatever else has been happening in the wild and wacky world of quantum mechanics since the 1920's.

And I'm not quite sure you can call a mathematical function describing a location on a probability field something that is in 'continuous motion'. Methinks he needs to brush up on his application of the Schrodinger equation and eigenstates.

tl;dr - It's junk science and mumbo jumbo.
    DIY electrical wiring to AS/NZS3000 - details here - http://goo.gl/9d33T (PDF file)

Old Chippy 6K

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    My head hurts...
    "Every atom has an internal energy.
    This is due to the continuous motion of electron/s orbiting the neutron/s and proton/s. Electron has its own mass to move, so force is required. Electron has its own distance to move. Hence, energy is existent.
    As long as the basic of all building blocks, namely electron, proton, and neutron exist, energy can neither be destroyed nor created."
    Seems like this dude has never heard of spontaneous pair creation, or whatever else has been happening in the wild and wacky world of quantum mechanics since the 1920's.

And I'm not quite sure you can call a mathematical function describing a location on a probability field something that is in 'continuous motion'. Methinks he needs to brush up on his application of the Schrodinger equation and eigenstates.

tl;dr - It's junk science and mumbo jumbo.
    Ah - Quantum physics - the dreams stuff is made of . . .
    Advice from me on this forum is general and for guidance based on information given by the member posing the question. Not to be used in place of professional advice from people appropriately qualified in the relevant field. All structural work must be approved and constructed to the BCA or other relevant standards by suitably licensed persons. The person doing the work and reading my advice accepts responsibility for ensuring the work done accords with the applicable law.