Hire the best Air conditioning and Heating Experts

Replacement control panel for old ducted RC & reputable tech in Adelaide?

Default Replacement control panel for old ducted RC & reputable tech in Adelaide?

Hi guys,

I caught up with mum today and she filled me in on some issues she's having with her AC, thought someone here may be able to she'd some light.

The house has a large 32yr old ducted RC which is hardly used in winter but recently stopped heating. A Tech came out and diagnosed it as the panel and was going to source a modern replacement. A couple of months later and many phone calls and no response.

She concerned about calling someone else incase the same thing happens and she looses more money.

I have attached a copy if the current panel; can anyone advise if it is possible to upgrade or replace these old units and recommendations for reputable technician in Adelaide?

I'm told the dials have fallen apart of something to that effect.

Golden Member

very simple to retro fit old controls like that. all the zoning is 240v, all the heat cool control is 240 v. when the unit is running the heat switches send power to the reversing valve, coiling it does not.

best bet get a few 4 gang light switch plates, you can also buy labelled mechs for them, then for the actual air con control you could get a new honeywell controller or something.
    best can an expert there will be alot of wires in there

Default Replacement control panel for old ducted RC & reputable tech in Adelaide?

Thanks for the reply. We have now had 3 companies look at the unit, diagnose the controller but not call back and after chasing say 'sorry it's a 240v controller nothing's 240v anymore'; i have seen retro fitted panels on old gear in commercial installs so its obvious they don't have knowledge or interest. These have been reputable companies or so thought.

Is there another angle I could try as opposed to calling every aircon tech in the book, I.e find technicians who work with Honeywell? If so could I get some recommendations?

Golden Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy_SA View Post
    Thanks for the reply. We have now had 3 companies look at the unit, diagnose the controller but not call back and after chasing say 'sorry it's a 240v controller nothing's 240v anymore'; i have seen retro fitted panels on old gear in commercial installs so its obvious they don't have knowledge or interest. These have been reputable companies or so thought.

Is there another angle I could try as opposed to calling every aircon tech in the book, I.e find technicians who work with Honeywell? If so could I get some recommendations?

call a place like actrol, heatcraft etc, they would stock 240v control systems.

i replaced 1 not long ago.
    you can go 1 better and have a digital panel, but these would be more expensive and probably need more stuff run