Hire the best Gas Fitter

Bathroom Waste Plumbing

Apprentice (new member)

Default Bathroom Waste Plumbing

G'Day All,

I am carrying out renno's to a two story house and have changed the upstairs bathroom floorplan. A 100mm PVC waste has been run up to the void area. The questions I have are firstly to confirm what minimum requirements in terms of pipe diameters/ gully/ venting there was for the bathroom DWV setup which includes toilet, shower, separate bath, vanity and obviously floor waste?

Secondly, I take it the idea is to feed the shower waste directly to the floor waste riser junction/ gully to keep the trap charged however what of the bath waste and vanity basin waste; is it advisable to run these into the floor waste riser as well?

Cheers

Mal

GeoffW1

Hi,

I can't advise you unfortunately on the main points, but one plumber I spoke to commented that he always now puts in a low profile P-trap at the shower waste as well, after several calls for smells arising from the run of pipe between an untrapped shower waste and the central bathroom gully.

Cheers

1K Club Member

That's some pretty detailed information Mal you might need to call your plumber, Geoff it's always a good idea to trap the shower even if it goes into the floor waste. Not only does it stop smells it also stops the draft of cold air that sometimes springs up between your legs whilst in the shower.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter

GeoffW1

Quote Originally Posted by wonderplumb View Post
    Geoff it's always a good idea to trap the shower . it also stops the draft of cold air that sometimes springs up between your legs whilst in the shower.
    Here I thought that was my conscience

Apprentice (new member)

Thanks for the responses. Will have to chat to the plumber I guess. It isn't rocket science I know but you need to get it right- there is always something one has not thought of.

On another note, I have a bathroom on the top floor and would like to avoid water going down the drain while waiting for hot water to come up through the pipe run, can anyone reccommned a reliable flow diverter product that they have used?

Cheers

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca14 View Post
    Better call the nearest plumber on your town and ask their help. Every time I have a problem I always call my favorite plumbing services and my problem will automatically solve.

To use my plumbers most used quote ...."oh dear...you're actually from the Phillipines"
    Edited Post
    Tee Hee

3K Club Member

Just a reminder.

All upper floor levels should have puddle flanges on shower and floor waste outlets. Waterproofing must extend down the waste.

All other penetrations like pipes and sink or bath outlets that pass through the floor should have collars to double seal them.

Finally, the full floor and wall to floor joints should be waterproofed.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.
    http://www.wet-seal.com.au/waterproofing/locations.html

Apprentice (new member)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsaltoz View Post
    Just a reminder.

All upper floor levels should have puddle flanges on shower and floor waste outlets. Waterproofing must extend down the waste.

All other penetrations like pipes and sink or bath outlets that pass through the floor should have collars to double seal them.

Finally, the full floor and wall to floor joints should be waterproofed.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
    Yes this is all understood, was more after answers to the specific questions. Thanks in any case for the reminder.