Hire the best Gas Fitter

LPG heater regulator

Novice

Default LPG heater regulator

G'day All

Long time reader but i must confess not huge on posting!

I have what appears on the surface to be a simple problem.

I have a Jetfire heater for my shed which works wonderfully. Unfortunately the regulator has packed it in and is leaking gas so a replacement regulator is on the cards. The specs on the regulator are 1.5bar and 8kg/hr. For the life of me i can not find a replacement regulator at a reasonable cost. The original model number is Novacomet APR/85. I can only find it via google in the UK and it is not available anymore but it was only like 20 pound. I can find some in australia but they are closer to $150 which is crazy. I realise that the regulated pressure is lower than most BBQ regulators with a higher flow rate but would a slightly higher regulated pressure compensate for the lower flow rate on the typical BBQ regulator (2.5kg/h to 3.5kg/h)

Outside of this does anybody have a good supplier that would have something on the shelf at a reasonable cost. I am going to contact Spitwater on Monday but i am not holding my breath as it appears that they have moved away from LPG space heaters and are concentrating on diesel.

Thanks for any halp.

Cheers

Yozza

4K Club Member

8kg per hour is a bottle of gas per hour, which sounds totally implausible for that heater to me! In Adelaide the business that solves these sorts of problems inexpensively in a flash (no pun intended) is Maxbilt Trading Company, ph 08 8363 1955. I'm sure they can sort you out over the phone with a reasonably priced quality product and post it to you. Disclaimer: I am a many time happy customer of Maxbilt.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

4K Club Member

BTW it is common for the rubber seal on the bottle coupling to fail and need replacement. Most BBQ / camping stores will have these as a spare part for a couple of dollars.
    Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it necessary, it is true, does it improve on the silence? - Baba

Novice

Thanks for the reply's so far. I will give Maxbilt a try tomorrow if i have no luck with spitwater. *kg/hr is what the regulator is rated at. The heater unit itself uses a maximum of 2.1kg/hr on high setting. If i got a 3.5kg/hr regulator rated at 250kpa (standard BBQ reg) would it be sufficient? My concern is the higher pressure compared to the original.

Cheers

Yozza