Hire the best Gas Fitter

where to get copper pipe in adelaide?

2K Club Member

Default where to get copper pipe in adelaide?

Where can i get a decent price on 1/2 inch copper pipe in north area of adelaide? is $14 a metre expensive?? im after that plyable stuff that can be bent by hand, cant remember the name of it.

Anealed copper, in a roll, sorry not from SA so not sure where you can get it, just look up plumbers supplies in the yellow pages. Plumbers co op, Reece, Tradelink, Boots are some of the ones up this way that would sell it.
    A good edge takes a little sweat!!

2K Club Member

i called a plumbers supplies shop, tradelink pumbing supplies, i got quoted $208 for 18 metres of 1/2 inch copper pipe annealed, i went into bunnings, they have 18 metres of 1/2 inch copper pipe annealed for $107.
    is there any difference between copper pipe?? im finding it hard to substantiate the huge difference in cost between these 2 places for exactly the same thing.

wood welder

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    i called a plumbers supplies shop, tradelink pumbing supplies, i got quoted $208 for 18 metres of 1/2 inch copper pipe annealed, i went into bunnings, they have 18 metres of 1/2 inch copper pipe annealed for $107.
    is there any difference between copper pipe?? im finding it hard to substantiate the huge difference in cost between these 2 places for exactly the same thing.
    ask for a trade price

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post

As far as I know bunnies only sell 6m rolls here. $110 bucks is what I pay for 1/2 inch at trade price.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

2K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by bricks View Post
    As far as I know bunnies only sell 6m rolls here. $110 bucks is what I pay for 1/2 inch at trade price.
    nope, i looked at the roll, it had 18m printed on it, i looked at the label with the price on it and it had 1/2 18m roll printed on it with the $107 price tag. unless it was $117. one of the two. but it certainly was under $120.

The cheaper price may be for a lower grade copper or it may have a thinner wall thickness. generaly for water pipe thickness is't a big deal. Make sure you clean any flux or corrosives off when finished working with it. This way over time if the pipe is thinner you won't get holes through corrossion as quickly.
    A good edge takes a little sweat!!

I pay $102 for a 18m roll of soft drawn copper suitible for R22 gas which as I believe has a thicker wall than standard plumbing copper, our is .91mm and I think plumbing is .88mm so it would have a higher amount of copper by weight in it. If you can get it for $107 at bunnings, which I don't think you can then it's a fair price.

I know at the wholesalers in my industry to get trade price they generally want to see a business card or some proof your in the trade at very least to give you trade price and even then trade price is far different still than the price a large account holder pays.

I see it all the time when customers think they are saving them selves money by providing materials and they they get a shocked look on their face when you tell them how much you pay for them and explain you would have only added 20% to cover your costs.

Adelaide Plumbing and Building Supplies. They are on South Road near Brick Works. I got a steel bath from them for 1/2 the price of anywhere else in Adelaide, so I bought my HWS from them and they chucked in one of the controllers for nix.
    The trade desk is out the back.