Hire the best Electrician

Cost for electrician?

Default Cost for electrician?

I recently installed a garage/shed on a concrete slab and need an electrician to install power to the shed with two 10 amp double powerpoints, no lights and no light switches. I am willing to dig the trench from house to shed which is approximately 3-5 metres from house. What am I looking at having to pay to have this work done?

China

Between $80-120 per hour plus hardware

China is pretty much on the money (no pun intended)

There are to many variables to even contemplate a ballpark figure site unseen.

But whatever time you think it will take someone to do DOUBLE it and you may be close to the labour cost

Also the hardest part of the job is possibly getting the wire to the switchboard, either under the house or though the roof.

Shouldn't cost too much. Could probably run from an existing powerpoint inside. Easiest would be to get a weatherproof Socket outlet mirrored on the wall outside (opposite a socket outlet inside). This would give you outside power. You could then run conduit down the side of the house, to the shed and then up again... half day work easy. COuld be more depending on existing wiring.

Cheers
    Pulse

ab1
    Apprentice (new member)

Hi. I am an electrician based in Melbourne. My estimate for your work would be somewhere between $400 and $700. You will need to dig the trench. The main variable is the distance to the switchboard and how easy it is to fit off at the switchboard, ie age and room. The circuit will need to be safety switch protected. The trench will need to be a touch over 500mm deep.

Ab1 can I grab your contact details. Also the house is only 4-5 years old so everything is pretty much new.