Hire the best Electrician

Door Flashing Light in light fittings

Default Door Flashing Light in light fittings

Hi,

I am wondering how the Door flashing lights circuit connect to light fittings.

Assume the person press Door bell button and the wiring to control box then the control box are connected to each exist ceiling lights in rooms ( without need seperate flashing lights ), if the light normally off during day , it will flash.

If the light is on during night it will flash.

I am thinking how can the flashing light circuit override the normal light circuit when active ?

1K Club Member

Are you trying to help a deaf person know when there is someone at the door? Some of the deaf or hearing impaired support groups should have some information on how to make this work. They should be able to get some financial help too if this turns out to be an expensive item.

I am assuming whitch is always a bad idea this is for a deaf notification setup. I have seen it done but it's not a Typical diy job.
    Like anything you can do it with smoke and mirrors or actually contactors and timers.
    The setup I've seen involved a timed contactor with a NO and NC contacts and a bell press for the doorbell as a start run button (low voltage with a relay).
    when the bell press engages the contactor it cuts the supply to the lighing circuit and engages a 12v transformer whitch has a car flasher unit and combined 12v-240volt relays (get some din mount ones) attached in series and paralell respectively.
    The relay would need to be rated 10A same as the supply protection.
    From the 240 side of the relay you need a single stand cable to the active of every fitting or group for downlights and sutch you want to flash.
    It's eaiser to use many relays because otherwise the switchig gets all messy and there dirt cheap. Put it all in a large enclosed rated box shouldn't cost heaps especially if you build the box yourself because the adverage sparky wouldn't know where to start and wouldn't care to know.

Phil,

Yes I am help deaf friend with ideas. It does not come cheap since Gov dont support this (

applied,

I am not quite sure how it works, my understand the switch use active line to the light fitting and return to neutral line.
    I will research further before I can work with my electrician on the wiring setup for my friend.

good luck heres a mud map just add more relays for more fittings

Christies Downs Florian's Photos - 1 | Facebook

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by kevvy View Post
    Hi,

I am wondering how the Door flashing lights circuit connect to light fittings.

Assume the person press Door bell button and the wiring to control box then the control box are connected to each exist ceiling lights in rooms ( without need seperate flashing lights ), if the light normally off during day , it will flash.

If the light is on during night it will flash.

I am thinking how can the flashing light circuit override the normal light circuit when active ?
    Hi Kev
    If your sparkie can source a pulsing timer which will operate a multipole relay(s) then it can be done with some wiring mods...He needs to get a single active from the 2way position of each switch ...This will go to the n/o of one pole of the switching relay...The existing switched active to the light goes to the n/c of the same pole of the relay...The common of the relay goes to the light...This will allow the room lights to flash as required....So for each room light he needs a single active from the switch and a twin active from the light....
    HTH
    Frank

It may be worthwhile reading the following before proceeding with any work:

http://www.homemods.info/files/Doorb...Ind%20Fact.pdf

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by elkangorito View Post
    It may be worthwhile reading the following before proceeding with any work:

http://www.homemods.info/files/Doorb...Ind%20Fact.pdf
    Thanks for that ,an interesting read....

Frank

Apprentice (new member)

Quite easily done. There is a flash unit made for the job.Cant recall who makes them. Quiote possibly Clipsal or HPM. Also have a look at ARLEC. I would just send your electrician to the wholesalers and get them to track one down. However, you also need an extra active for each switched circuit.
    Red to green, green to blue and blue to bits