Hire the best Electrician

Dyson battery not charging

Default Dyson battery not charging

Hi I recently bought a new battery for my Dyson stick vacuum - itís an after market Sony brand- it worked fine for about a month now it doesnít work at all. No light comes on, nothing. Iíve tested the power and itís definitely getting AC current in..but Iím wondering if the battery is too powerful for the charger because the charger says output is 750mA and battery says output is 8200mA. Voltage is correct and itís supposed to be the correct battery for the model I have.. I was just wondering if I need a new charger to match the battery or if I just have a dud battery and need to get another battery! When I took the battery apart and used a non contact voltage meter it definitely went red over the circuit board area so it seems the battery is receiving something from the charger.

is anyone able to shed some light on what the problem might be? Iím worried if I buy a new battery it could be a waste of money if that isnít the issue!

thanks in advance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12c6a82e-550a-4f6b-84e6-ad2afb8342db.jpeg   458c0c6f-8fbc-4e10-91fe-65c505553f26.jpeg  

Charger output does not have to match the battery output value you have referenced. You will also notice the battery output is "mAh" and is a different reference to the charger out put of "mA".

While using a non contact meter tells you if there is a live conductor nearby it does not tell you what if any voltage output is available on the connectors to charge the battery. You will need a multimeter to confirm if the battery or the charger is at fault.

6 cells 8200mAh

Community Moderator

Have a look at my experience with knockoff batteries.

https://www.renovateforum.com/f216/makita-knockoff-130386/

Quote Originally Posted by droog View Post
    Charger output does not have to match the battery output value you have referenced. You will also notice the battery output is "mAh" and is a different reference to the charger out put of "mA".

While using a non contact meter tells you if there is a live conductor nearby it does not tell you what if any voltage output is available on the connectors to charge the battery. You will need a multimeter to confirm if the battery or the charger is at fault.
    thank you! Yes I have a multimeter but I couldnít really determine where the positive and negative terminals were even when I opened the battery up it wasnít as obvious as I was expecting 😂 Iím thinking itís likely a dud battery though

Wow yeh I should have just got the Dyson battery !

I replaced my Dyson battery with a genuine one I found cheaper on ebay. It cost more than twice what the ebay knockoffs cost but cheaper than buying from Dyson. It is genuine but Dyson batteries are disappointing in that they don't use higher capacity batteries. I just came across this Australian supplier and might buy from them next time but unable to recommend as I know little about them: https://www.batterymate.com.au/colle...tteries?page=3