Hire the best Flooring Expert

concrete stumps needed - Brisbane North

ajm
    Golden Member

Default concrete stumps needed - Brisbane North

Hi all,

we have bought the kids a fort for christmas and I have to move the cubby house over a metre or so to fit it in. Currently sitting on stirrups and low hardwood stumps, i really don't want to the hassle of digging these up and then resiting them in the weeks before christmas. Is anyone restumping or relocating a house and wants the concrete stumps removed from site. The cubby house is 3m * 2.4m, so, making a guess that concrete stumps are roughly 20cm square, I need approximately 12m worth of stumps. 2 * 3m & 3 * 2m lengths would be ideal if anyone is interested in making my life easier, otherwise, let me know what you have and I will work something out from there. Cheers, ajm

ajm
    Golden Member

bump

Hi AJM,

Concrete stumps are so cheap. Just buy some rather go to the effort of removal and driving to get them.

Job done!

ajm
    Golden Member

am looking around to buy now. no idea where to get them from on the northside of brisbane though. any suggestions?

1K Club Member

any sand and soil yard sell stumps, really quite cheap

ajm
    Golden Member

folks, i must be a tight basta$d. stumps up here appear to me to be quite expensive. as an example, and while not expensive for what these are, I have found three seconds quality stumps (can't be used for house stumping) for $150. i have even tried recycling yards and house restumpers but nobody wants to rid themselves of any stumps. am i missing something? can old concrete be recycled for profit?

G'day,

A mate of mine with a Bobcat and Tipper got rid of 10m2 of concrete for me, he dumped it at a local concrete recycling place, cost me $21. He said they crush it up for use as road base and temporary driveways and recycle the steel reo.

As for stumps, you can get 'em at the green shed for just over $1 per 100mm, as in a 600mm stump is about $6.50 and so on. They are only 90x90mm though...

ajm
    Golden Member

found some stumps at brisbane house stump supplies at deception bay. great guys there too. so its all done now. thanks all.

ajm
    Golden Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla73 View Post

As for stumps, you can get 'em at the green shed for just over $1 per 100mm, as in a 600mm stump is about $6.50 and so on. They are only 90x90mm though...
    unfortunately, we qlders do not have something so useful as the green shed. sure we have other recycling places, but from what i have seen the green shed is the ducks nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm View Post
    unfortunately, we qlders do not have something so useful as the green shed. sure we have other recycling places, but from what i have seen the green shed is the ducks nuts.
    really? u havent noticed a bunnings anywhere on your travels around the place ?!?

ajm
    Golden Member

ouch, sarcasm. i don't get it...!? seriously now, we have a bunnings but i had actually thought you were referring to a business called the "Green Shed" which i had thought was a recycling place in NSW. silly me....

3K Club Member

"Green Shed" is how people refer to B******S. < That's another way. It's almost like no one want's to say the devils name, in fear of increasing it's power.

ajm
    Golden Member

i realise that now. i think the tv show "the renovators" featured a place called the green shed or something like that so that's where i was coming from

3K Club Member

I think I picked up on that earlier in the thread. Should have pointed it out, sorry. Never heard of the green shed myself. Wish we had one here.