Hire the best Kitchen Renovator

Laundry/washing machine question

Default Laundry/washing machine question

I keep coming back to this forum since you're all so helpful
    My kitchen reno is full steam ahead and...I've now decided to do the laundry at the same time! Questions...

Currently my trough is positioned in the corner...I will be (replacing and) moving it, and the associated plumbing, to the you-beaut new cabinets/bench space. The washing machine will go where the trough once was (an overall better use of space). Overall a move of about 70 cms FWIW.

Any potential probs/ridicuously high costs that I should be aware of here - someone mentioned the waste outlet could be troublesome???

Potentially my old washer will be replaced (on it's last legs) so wondering how do these new fangled machines work. I asked today at Hardly Normal and they didn't know ATM my washer has the water outlet hose hooked in to the corner hole in trough and the hot/cold pipes hooked up to taps on the wall. Seems like most new homes and renos have the taps concealed in the cabinets...is that true also for the hose so that nothing is visible???

Sorry for the silly questions!

If you were redoing it (as you are), seems that the most common setup now is to have taps for washing machine underneath the trough and the waste is also handled under the trough in an arrangement similar to how a dishwasher is done, i.e. a sort of angled 3 way connector on the S trap for the trough.

at least, thats how ours was done - no tape on the wall (above the trough or above/behind washing machine), no 'hole' to put the waste/drain into in the trough.

then again, the trough we got is an undermount one anyway without that 'waste' outlet.

Thanks for the info Pres, I thought that would be the case but helps to know for sure. Cheers

rob

Hi kelly

If you can take a pic of the room and one with the sink door open or off i think you will get a better reply my laundry i did now has the pipe all in the cabnet the sink and washer are connected to the same waste pipe there is a connector on the bottom of the sink that the washer waste connects two .
    If the waste pipe is right over where the washer will now go you may have a small problem .

p.s we got a front loader when we did the laundry and although it is good one load takes about 2 hours and you get a lot less in them something to concider .
    Rob