Hire the best Kitchen Renovator

What next?

Apprentice (new member)

Question What next?

Hi all, My kitchen cupboards have been installed today and I need to know the sequence of things to do next. Who should I call first? the tiler to do the splashback, electrican to do gpos and connect oven and install ranghood, or plumber for the sink and gas? Thanking you in anticipation, Fiona

1K Club Member

Putting you bench tops on would be a good start, then the sink and gas, oven connection and rangehood then finally the splashback (unless the tiling extends to the rangehood in which case I would install the rangehood last. The tiling comes last as it is the most expensive to fix if it turns out you need access to the wall-cavity for any of the other things.

PS you may need to get the electrician back for a second visit to fix the power points to the tiles once they are installed.

Apprentice (new member)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
    Putting you bench tops on would be a good start, then the sink and gas, oven connection and rangehood then finally the splashback (unless the tiling extends to the rangehood in which case I would install the rangehood last. The tiling comes last as it is the most expensive to fix if it turns out you need access to the wall-cavity for any of the other things.

PS you may need to get the electrician back for a second visit to fix the power points to the tiles once they are installed.
    Thanks Black Cat. Bench tops are in, sounds like time to call the plumber and electrician.