Hire the best Flooring Expert

newbie flooring help

Apprentice (new member)

Default newbie flooring help

Hi, just in the middle of doing a kitchen reno in a older wooden fibro home. The floor is a bit dodgy in places and there is an overall slant in floor about 10-20mm over 5m its varies. It just has old jarrah floor boards. I've had to do things a bit backwards, due to my cabinet maker availability.So the kitchen base cabinets are in and packed up to make everything level. Im going to lay a new floor over the existing floorboards. Because the kitchen is in already, im just wondering what should i do. Im looking to put in a laminate or floating floor. Can i maybe just lay masonite over the top of the floor boards to get level?, just wondering what the best way would be to get everything level, with the kitchen already in there so i can do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Shane

Shane

Big problem in my opinion and I feel for you. Have you considered tiling the floor? It may be the best way to get a level surface. Masonite and all similar products will just follow the floors existing contours. If you tile, you can lay down a screed which you can level. I guess for that matter you could put a floating floor on top of that .... hmmm
    Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

Apprentice (new member)

that wouldnt be too bad.. tiles would be ok. ill have to look into it.
    if i tile and it raises the floor how would i go about other entry's to other roons which willl end up lower than the kitchen area??.

Thanks
    Shane