Hire the best Bathroom Renovator

2nd hand kitchen methods to remove & instal

Apprentice (new member)

Thumbs up 2nd hand kitchen methods to remove & instal

Hi All:
    Am a newbie. My son bought old house with basic kitchen bathroom. Doing extension in few years. I have bought a complete kitchen laminate bench, stone too hard to move.
    Have to pull out and pick up kitchen 3-4th Feb.
    Need some tips on how to dismantle and best way to do this, all services will be disconnected.
    Also with putting it back in, some tips on how best to do it. Son will not be ready to put in for a while yet so storing all components in spare room.
    Kitchen is L shaped with Fridge surround and Microwave cabinets on end. Separate breakfast/island bench with sink dishwasher.
    The kitchen just needs to look OK for few years but I am a bit pedantic and want it to look professional. lol
    I see main problem being the overhead cupboards, how best to put them up and mounted on wall.

Thanks all Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

China

I made the mistake of fitting a second hand kitchen in ahouse for a mate, it was a major PIA and I will never do it again, you will need some one who knows what they are doing to help you

G'day,

Take lots of pics before you rip it out. As for the overheads, locate the studs and plumb a line up the wall, then get your level line across the wall. If you're working from the center find that and measure to the stud and pre drill the back of the cabinet, if it has solid backs great at the least it'll have solid rails top and bottom so drill thru there. If you're going against a tall cabinet screw to that first, check the level then fix into studs with at least 50mm chipboard screws preferably 65mm for a good grab.

If you're going into brick, same as above but use the 50mm green wall plugs drill a 6.5mm hole thru the cabinet back/rail into the brick and hammer the plug in then 65mm screw.

Apprentice (new member)

Thanks, my brother is builder and have seen him do a kitchen 2nd hand before so have resource to call on. Wall is brick so will take advice.

Novice

It could be hard work if they have tiled around the benchtops. Sledgehammer and chisels?
    I bought a used kitchen but looked for one professionally removed already. Removal without damage sounded a lot harder than installing.