Hire the best Bathroom Renovator

Galvanised or Colorbond shower lining

1K Club Member

Default Galvanised or Colorbond shower lining

Planning the second bathroom, I am considering maybe not tiling the walls and instead using corrugated metal for a slightly more rustic look. It looks lovely in the right setting, but I'm not sure how it would go for cleaning, especially the galvanised: would soap and shampoo residue be too difficult to remove?

Does anyone have any experience/ideas, eg colorbond vs galvanised? I do prefer the look of mini-orb for internal surfaces.

Mods, you can shift this post if you think it would be better in a different forum.
    I am not responsible for anything that Moondog says!

Hammer Head - 1K Club Member

i think i have seen another tread on this already.

looks very cool, IMO, flashing and waterproofing details need to be worked over to get right.

you could even get the sheets powder coated custom colors for a feature.

you could spray walls with wd40 every week to make cleaining easy. HAHA

7K Club Member

There's an older (possibly heritage) rental cottage in Ballarat that has this. It's either colorbond or painted to match the decor. It looked good, suited the place. It was mini-orb installed vertically, but the bottom ends looked a bit unfinished just being bare ends (it seemed anyway). Wouldn't want to catch a toe under it etc. There may be better finishing options though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile View Post
    Planning the second bathroom, I am considering maybe not tiling the walls and instead using corrugated metal for a slightly more rustic look. It looks lovely in the right setting, but I'm not sure how it would go for cleaning, especially the galvanised: would soap and shampoo residue be too difficult to remove?

Does anyone have any experience/ideas, eg colorbond vs galvanised? I do prefer the look of mini-orb for internal surfaces.

Mods, you can shift this post if you think it would be better in a different forum.
    Hi Cecile,

Not really a look that i would like. Its really polarizing. What about a rustic looking tile option.

Regards
    Wavenut

Flaccid Member - 1k Club Member

Hi Cecile,
    I built a house (for myself) about 10 yrs ago and used gal miniorb in bothbathrooms - 1 around a shower/bath and the second just a shower. As far ascleaning it basically self cleaned and I never had any probs with soap scumetc. I lived there for 5 yrs and still looked as good as when it first went in.By the time I sold it I was a bit bored of it and took it out of theshower/bath and replaced with tiles. I left it in the downstairs shower whichlooked good and house had no probs selling. If you're real keen I can try finda couple of pics if you like.

polarizing
    yep
    but hey, if u like it someone else will. that's my theory anyhow.
    I am not into renovating for resale, unless it means rationalising a bit more of a spend

don't have an answer for you, but the corrugations would make waterproofing the ends/sides tricky.
    Have you thought of stainless steel flat sheets instead?

3K Club Member

Some interesting info to consider.

http://www.renovateforum.com/f205/wo...athroom-48191/

Apprentice (new member)

Default Corrugated shower lining

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile View Post

Have a look at Laminex Aquapanel, there is a silver ripple design that could looks a bit rustic like corrugated iron. It's laminate, so designed for bathrooms/laundries and is easy to clean. Also makes a nice splashback.