Hire the best Bathroom Renovator

Glass treatment for shower glass?

Apprentice (new member)

Default Glass treatment for shower glass?

Hi again all,

As I am renovating my bathroom and will purchasing new glass for the shower area, I wondered if it is worth considering having the glass treated, to save time on future cleaning and keep the glass looking good?
    I understand the treatments can be DIY or done professionally.
    I have done a search and came with treatments such as: Groutworx, EduroShield, Crystal Clear, NG1010.

Does anyone have experience with these treatments or know how much they cost?

Also, thanks to oldsaltoz for his previous postings regarding wet sealing the room.

Thanks in advance

Yes, $50-$80 is self applied ...............and DON"T DO IT!!!!!!

I was in the same situation as you bathshower - see http://www.renovateforum.com/f205/enduroshield-96634/#post835338 Following on from my initial experiment I tested the piece of glass for a week each time before cleaning and retesting a few more weeks. The result each time at the end of the week was that there was MORE build-up of scum on the treated side!!!! I sent the following photos and requesting a refund. They phoned, reimbursed me the cost without argument - at least with an attitude like this people will be more willing to try things if more companies were like this - although not advertised.

First photo - clean glass before test each time, non treated left half (X) and treated right half (tick)
    2nd photo - in shower with even exposure to scum, but rinsed with water after shower.
    the rest - a higher amount of scum build up on treated side. Case closed!

I then tried to remove it with cream cleanser, and as I have used many times when cleaning since - but don't know how successful I have been. It is supposed to fill the pores of the glass. I might pull the old test piece out and clean it with cream cleanser to see if both halves perform the same. I still think that spray on diluted Handy Andy and give effortless wipe with wet cloth/sponge and rinse, with the occasional use of cream cleanser is the best way to clean.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails after-2.jpg   after-3.jpg  
    Last edited by renov8or; 17th Feb 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: wish I could work out how to add photos properly

Apprentice (new member)

Default Glass treatment

Well, I was shocked about the results you had, renova8or !!!
    I will save my money and forget about the glass treatments!
    I really liked the textured finish on your glass though, much more attractive than plain clear glass.
    Thank you so much for posting your photos and sharing your experience. Should be helpful for others contemplating such glass treatments.
    Thanks

The piece of glass was a shelf out of my old cabinet, but smooth on one side.