Hire the best Bathroom Renovator

Light/heater/fan for bathroom ??

Novice

Default Light/heater/fan for bathroom ??

Hi, Im currently buying everything I need for a long overdue bathroom renovation and one of the last things I need is a light/fan/heater unit, can anyone point me to a nice one ? I have been looking around and most places have the common IXL Tastic models but I dont really like the look and I read that the fan is noisey. The IXL Neo looks more modern but Im not sure on noise and they are pretty pricey. Can anyone point me to something better that will do the job ? Im not really worried about the heater either so a light with fan is an option too .

Any inout would be appreciated.

rrobor

My advice is get one thats easy to remove, preferably with a socket in the ceiling that you can unhitch to take it down. The major issue all fans gave in a bathroom is they extract moist air laden with talc. I had 3 females in the house at one time and the average before I had to clean the thing was 6 months. Noise well put a fan in the bathroom and if its not chattering away soon then you have a new species of female in your house.

Sparkwah

Whenever I want ideas for my reno or want to test drive products I go down to new housing estates and have a look in the display homes. They normally have the niftier appliances and a lot of thought has gone into design and installation. I find it good for all kinds of ideas, generally the quality of the display home far outstrips the homes they end up building.
    It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool

Apprentice (new member)

I work for an electrical wholesaler and would reccomend you chech out the Heller range of product or even Martec are doing some very nice looking options and good quality as well. I used the Heller option and am very happy with them.

Hi Igor

I fitted an old-style IXL tastic with 4 x 375 watt heat lamps plus light globe ever 10 years ago, and have had no problems. Noise is there but it is not intrusive.

In a bathroom you want heat as quickly as possible, so I suggest you look at the ones with the biggest lamps.

Cheers

Graeme

Novice

Thanks guys, why is it the Heller, Martec and the IXL are all very similar ? I have been looking for something different and so far have only two:

IXL Neo - odd looking and too dear

Excel 4-in-1 - I found this at Harvey Norman Lighting and have seen it on ebay here, does anyone know anything about this unit ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails excel-light.jpg  

Novice

Never mind guys, I bought an IXL Premium Sensation, so I hope it does the job.

Cheers.