Hire the best Bathroom Renovator

mimimia75

Apprentice (new member)

Default mimimia75

G'Day all! Just a few questions re. bathroom renovation in Sydney.
    O.K so ive got my husbands father who is a master builder in Hungary coming to do the job,he can do everything except plumbing.
    Our bathroom is tiny,just 2mtr x 4 mtr and we just want to replace tiling(walls and floor) replace bath,toilet and shower screen(to frameless) redo waterproofing. We will be reusing existing pipes etc and keeping configuration the same.
    1.Do we still need council approval for this job?
    2. We have gravity-fed hot water. What shower heads are best for this type of system?
    3. Would it be better to get pro. waterproofer for insurance and warranty reasons?
    4.Because my father in law is Hungarian and not a permanent Australian resident do we still need to have owner-builder certificate?
    I forgot to mention we are in an apartment.

Many Thanks in advance
    Mia

3K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by mimimia75 View Post
    G'Day all! Just a few questions re. bathroom renovation in Sydney.
    O.K so ive got my husbands father who is a master builder in Hungary coming to do the job,he can do everything except plumbing.
    Our bathroom is tiny,just 2mtr x 4 mtr and we just want to replace tiling(walls and floor) replace bath,toilet and shower screen(to frameless) redo waterproofing. We will be reusing existing pipes etc and keeping configuration the same.
    1.Do we still need council approval for this job?
    Not if this your own home and not part of a Strata Title.
    2. We have gravity-fed hot water. What shower heads are best for this type of system?
    How long is a bit of string? Consult your local plumbing supplier, if they get wrong you can return it.
    3. Would it be better to get pro. waterproofer for insurance and warranty reasons?
    I am a professional waterproofer so my opinion would be biased, call 1800 025 081 for a free quote Australia wide.
    4.Because my father in law is Hungarian and not a permanent Australian resident do we still need to have owner-builder certificate?
    I forgot to mention we are in an apartment.
    As long no Plumbing or Electrical work is being done he should be right, some authorities put a total cost restriction on renovations to reduce the chances of cowboys doing dodgy works, your local council can advise you on this aspect.

Many Thanks in advance
    Mia
    Good luck.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.
    http://www.wet-seal.com.au/waterproofing/locations.html

Apprentice (new member)

Legend..