Hire the best Painter

Ballpark price for painting a 5 bedroom house??

2K Club Member

Default Ballpark price for painting a 5 bedroom house??

so im not wasting any painters time coming out to look, can you give me a ball park estimate on how much it would cost to paint a 5 bedroom house with family room, gyprock walls with one coat of same colour paint and door frames and ceiling 145sqm on interior floor area.

Only if you say please

Apprentice (new member)

hi wozzza i reckon you would be looking at around 4-5k for 1 coat on walls ceilings and woodwork. But bare in mind if your woodwork is currently oil based (satin/gloss enamel) an undercoat is highly recommended. There are alot of factors that can affect price i.e is it 2 storey, is there a staircase, how intricate is the woodwork etc.

cheers
    Michael

To Much...

How long is a piece of string !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    so im not wasting any painters time coming out to look, can you give me a ball park estimate on how much it would cost to paint a 5 bedroom house with family room, gyprock walls with one coat of same colour paint and door frames and ceiling 145sqm on interior floor area.

2K Club Member

well around $5k was about what i was thinking it may cost so im not too far off.
    thanks.

China

I just received a quote (last week) for 5 bedroom house, most reputable painters will not have anything to do with "one coat" jobs and those that do will not warrente the job, my quote was $6,420

2K Club Member

ok, i thought one coat was all that would be needed of the same coloured paint on the wall?

Apprentice (new member)

Our 5 bedroom home cost $5k to paint - 2 coats all round. This didn't include kitchen, laundry, bathroom and ensuite. It did include some outside work and internal stairs, hallway, rumpus room, etc plus stripping some god awful wallpaper and sanding of walls where required. Paid cash and happy with the result. Couldn't recommend the painter as I had to finish off some small bits myself after 3 months of phoning to come back and finally gave up. Not a bad price for Sydney I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    If you have 8 to 9 foot ceilings then $5000 is around the ball park figure.

$5000? I just quoted 8k as a bare shell with new plaster sanded ready for painting. I'll pay the airfares and hotel to get em here. Sounds like a ripper deal