Hire the best Painter

Interior walls with an airless

Default Interior walls with an airless

G'day all,

Just after some advice/opinions on painting interior walls with an airless sprayer.

If anyone has done it it, is it worth it Yay or Nay?

Thanks

2K Club Member

I have not, yet, however I leant my sprayer to son in law for a friends internal raked finish facebrick. Undercoat and 2 x top coat for four walls in four hours + some masking time..<br><br>Have&nbsp; look on YT, the US does it a lot and the pros make it look easy as...I think it'd have to be a new build, but maybe not.
    And.....your point is.....what exactly?

2K Club Member

im looking into spraying ceilings with one myself, masking will be a paint though but rolling is a pain as well

Quote Originally Posted by David.Elliott View Post
    I have not, yet, however I leant my sprayer to son in law for a friends internal raked finish facebrick. Undercoat and 2 x top coat for four walls in four hours + some masking time..<br><br>Have&nbsp; look on YT, the US does it a lot and the pros make it look easy as...I think it'd have to be a new build, but maybe not.
    Thanks for the input Dave.

Yeah it sounds like it's great and easy but I'm just not sure. I want it but fighting with do I really need it. Would love anything that makes it quicker and easier

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    im looking into spraying ceilings with one myself, masking will be a paint though but rolling is a pain as well
    Thanks for the reply Wozza. I spent a couple of hours all up painting the cornices in one lounge room which got me thinking maybe buy this for my ceilings at the minimum but just not sure. I am not sure if they produce heaps of over spray or not and if you basically have to mask and cover everything.

3K Club Member

Spraying has been done by house/building painters for donkeys years.
    Obviously for speed and yes, be careful of overspray. Lots of masking and covering.
    I remember a painter spraying inside a commercial building in 1988 and with no windows in the building on a windy day,
    he managed to paint most of the cars in the street.

More suited to new build or empty building,where quality is not a top priority.Prep can be long winded if working in a furnished home.
    Cheers,
    Blocker.

Have sprayed plenty outside even then overspray is an issue with water based paint.
    Would not even consider spaying indoor, by the time you mask everything and then cleanup / unmask the time would be about the same.
    Exception would be new build before any finishings are install and same colour is on every surface.

Thanks Men... Looks like I'll just slug it out with a roller and a few brushes.

another thing to consider is "touching up"

if you have to patch a small hole, and all your walls are sprayed, you will have to get the sprayer out to paint that patch as rolling or brush will really stand out due to the different texture of the finishes. its why alot of sprayers will spray and then back roll over it.

something else people don't really mention is the fact you can use like 40% more paint when spraying. Painters love this because i'm sure they can charge you slightly more for the extra paint but they still do it because it goes on just that much quicker that they can get more jobs done, which means more $$$
    Remember if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by havabeer View Post
    another thing to consider is "touching up"

if you have to patch a small hole, and all your walls are sprayed, you will have to get the sprayer out to paint that patch as rolling or brush will really stand out due to the different texture of the finishes. its why alot of sprayers will spray and then back roll over it.

something else people don't really mention is the fact you can use like 40% more paint when spraying. Painters love this because i'm sure they can charge you slightly more for the extra paint but they still do it because it goes on just that much quicker that they can get more jobs done, which means more $$$
    Cheers mate.

Was looking at the walls too originally but then I started thinking would be more for the ceiling and cornices as they take forever with a brush, and then possibly the trims as well.

I have a hand held paint sprayer that has a 1 ltr pot maybe I could just use that for the cornices and possibly the skirting boards and door trims even though I know it will take a lot of masking etc