Hire the best Painter

Metal window coating repair

Apprentice (new member)

Default Metal window coating repair

The black gloss coating of the external metal windows and doors in my house has gone matt where exposed to constant sun and in some places is peeling off. What paint should I repair the peeling coating with please? Also is there anything I could protect the coating with, I was thinking of car polish? Many Thanks Biko.

Quote Originally Posted by Biko View Post
    The black gloss coating of the external metal windows and doors in my house has gone matt where exposed to constant sun and in some places is peeling off. What paint should I repair the peeling coating with please? Also is there anything I could protect the coating with, I was thinking of car polish? Many Thanks Biko.
    I'm assuming its an aluminium door and window Biko?
    A not too aggressive cutting compound like Kitten #2 will bring it back but be warned it is hard to clean up as the polish is hard to get out of the corners.
    Your options to recoat are ;1) remove , sand blast and re powder coat, a PIA and rarely worth it. 2) on site electro static painting or 3) buy some acrylic car paint (Your colour is most likely called "Satin Black"), mix 50/50 with acrylic thinner and apply with fine brush or cotton bud to peeled area . Spraying is fraught with potential dramas and most over the counter sprays are not good paints at all.

Brett