Hire the best Painter

Wattyl and Haymes Paints

Keen Renovator

Default Wattyl and Haymes Paints

I have been gradually repainting my house one room at a time. I have so many different brands of paint that I have lost track. Basically started with Dulux 101 and then moved on to Taubmans Living Proof silk which i found to be great. Have also used Nippon, solver, british and sologard. I have just painted our bathroom with Haymes Ultra Premium semi gloss acrylic on both the ceiling and walls and was very impressed with the final result. I have heard a lot of good things about wattly paints and was wondering how they compare to the taubmans L.P silk and haymes paints. I am considering using the wattly water based enamel in satin (aqua trim) for the trims and was keen to get feedback on this product from other users as I am keen to purchase Australian made and owned products....

Kriso,
    Haymes Acrylic Trim Gloss has been around longer than the Wattyl & Dulux equivalent,and is generally preferred by our customers when a water based enamel is required.
    Also adding Floetrol will help if painting during warm weather.
    Haymes is also 100% Australian Owned.
    Regards,
    Blocker

Keen Renovator

Thanks for that info blocker. Is the Haymes Acrylic Trim Gloss a water based enamel as i have seen the can and it doesn't say anything about it being an enamel equivalent. Also, does adding Floetrol affect the finish or performance of the paint???

Regards.

Haymes Acrylic Trim Gloss is a water based enamel...This type of paint is constantly improving as manufacturers try to emulate the smoothness and toughness of solvent based enamels.
    Haymes have been making this for around 10 years,and is a bit better than most others..
    The biggest problem is the fast drying during warm weather, Floetrol is a wetting agent and helps keep a "wet edge' longer which reduces brush marks etc.
    Regards,
    Blocker