Hire the best Painter

Whats the proper and best way to repaint a block front fence

2K Club Member

Default Whats the proper and best way to repaint a block front fence

i have an approximately 25 year old bessa block fence that has been painted a dozen times, paint is bubbling up in a lot of places when it rains and some bubbles have burst leaving multiple layers of paint underneath visible of various colours.
    should i strip the paint back to the bessa block and reprime it and start again or what??
    if i did that im thinking of an epoxy base coat dulux durebild ste topped with dulux weathermax paint.

3K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    i have an approximately 25 year old bessa block fence that has been painted a dozen times, paint is bubbling up in a lot of places when it rains and some bubbles have burst leaving multiple layers of paint underneath visible of various colours.
    (1) should i strip the paint back to the bessa block and reprime it and start again or what??
    (2) if i did that im thinking of an epoxy base coat dulux durebild ste topped with dulux weathermax paint.
    (1) That's the best way
    (2) Not sure that is necessary
    What I have found is when acrylic is used over old acrylic surfaces such as render concrete besser there appears to be air bubbles/pockets which form
    I notice it a lot on unit blocks around here so whether it has anything to do with humidity I don't know but certainly it stands out not long after it has been painted.

If you want it to last then take it back as much as possible then consult with the paint suppliers.
    Personally I would use a good sealer then 2 coats acrylic.

2K Club Member

yeah that was on my list after i got some other ideas from here which i dont think will happen apart from yours which i thought will be a proper job and same idea as mine (1), will contact dulux trade centre. they dont care about the cost once you say you want to do a proper job, they care about the end product and selling you the stuff that makes it brilliant i have found in the past.