Hire the best Gyprock Expert

plasterboard edge around rafter

Default plasterboard edge around rafter

I would like to know how to finish plasterboard that is cut around to a rafter. I would like a clean square edge going from the plasterboard to the exposed timber rafter. I would rather not use quad or scotia. Would I cut around the rafters then finish the cut edge of plasterboard with some steel external angle which butts up to the rafter. Then fill the slight gap between the rafter and the angle with a flexible caulking. Im not sure that just cut plasterboard with caulking up to the rafter will work.
    sorry for the ramble.

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofaus View Post
    I would like to know how to finish plasterboard that is cut around to a rafter. I would like a clean square edge going from the plasterboard to the exposed timber rafter. I would rather not use quad or scotia. Would I cut around the rafters then finish the cut edge of plasterboard with some steel external angle which butts up to the rafter. Then fill the slight gap between the rafter and the angle with a flexible caulking. Im not sure that just cut plasterboard with caulking up to the rafter will work.
    Usually I flat tape up to the timber, then small bead of NMG to prevent the hairline crack. Much better than metal angles in this situation
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

These beads still require skill to install but leave a very good finish also L Bead Flat Tear Away Trim-Tex
    Lashings will continue until morale improves.