Hire the best Gyprock Expert

render it

Apprentice (new member)

Default render it

HI there,
    I have a besser block unit, that has had a very ROUGH swirl of painted render over it. And I cant stand it. so bought some Render it today and mixed up a couple of batches to start to put uniformaly over it. It took ages just to do 1 sqm, it kept falling off and I kept trying to do a combination of pushing it on, using a spatula and also a large trowel to get to the right thing. Im trying for a paint finish smooth look.

Got frustrated in the end and having a rest. Most of the Render it ended up on the floor. Any suggestions to help it to stick. Mitre 10 said ok about the painted wall.

Neety

1K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by NEETY View Post
    . Mitre 10 said ok about the painted wall.

Neety
    Mitre 10 wrong, render wont stick to paint

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

No it is not ok to go over a painted wall without proper preparation. For a handy man rendering is much too difficult. Even as an experienced plasterer I will not tackle this type of job with render.

Your best bet is either batten the wall out and plasterboard or prep the wall and stickon plasterboard. That is something you can do.

BTW you didnt call back!! Sorry it was the golf club champs and I could not speak at all, got into #%$& for having the phone on!
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

Apprentice (new member)

Mitre 10 we're wrong indeed, well not renderit. Quik-Patch from Quikcote will stick, Render Melbourne | Quikcote | Render Manufacturer | Dry Mix Renders | Acrylic Render | Australia

I doubt you;ll get it at mitre10 though

lbg

hmmm......

This weekend I used the "Roll-on-Render" product from Bunnys. I used their "Superprimer" which said it was ok to use over painted surfaces. The primer is actually gritty so I assume this gives the render something to bind to.

It went on really well and floated off nicely. I'm pretty impressed with myself for never having done any rendering and only knowing what the DVD that came with it showed.

rrobor

I pride myself as being a handiman and can do most things. But I dont render walls or lay bricks, Sure I built a letterbox and its OK but hard plastering is a skill I do not possess and I think I would be in the majority.