Hire the best Gyprock Expert

Setting gyprock under stairs (with winders)

Apprentice (new member)

Default Setting gyprock under stairs (with winders)

Hi Friends, I wonder if anyone can advise the best way to get a nice finish when plastering under stairs? The stairs have winders so some of the angles are odd. I can batten them up to get fairly straight finishes or, attach directly on to the underside of the stair where the winders are. What do you think looks best? I'm leaning toward a combination as I want to keep some height at the longest winder as a storage shelf sits beneath it and I can use the extra (albeit small) space. Any tips would be appreciated. I can add photos if necessary Cheers. Poolie

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolie View Post
    Hi Friends, I wonder if anyone can advise the best way to get a nice finish when plastering under stairs? The stairs have winders so some of the angles are odd. I can batten them up to get fairly straight finishes or, attach directly on to the underside of the stair where the winders are. What do you think looks best? I'm leaning toward a combination as I want to keep some height at the longest winder as a storage shelf sits beneath it and I can use the extra (albeit small) space. Any tips would be appreciated. I can add photos if necessary Cheers. Poolie
    You can only work with the angles you have got if you want to keep it tight. For the odd angles we use flexi tape which is a very stiff paper tape that folds to any angle, internal or external.

It will stay straight pretty well in smalll runs but a lot of care is required to keep it straight on long runs.

Cheers Rod
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

Apprentice (new member)

Thanks Rod, does the tape you refer to have a name? I'll go to my local supplier and see what they have. Cheers for the tip )
    Anthony

Straight flex