Hire the best Gyprock Expert

What to use covering internal walls

Apprentice (new member)

Default What to use covering internal walls

G'day all. We have internal walls which are asbestos sheet covered with wallpaper. There are cracks in the wallpaper around all the rooms in a horizontal line (looks like where the sheets joined) due to the movement. They are only very minor cracks but obvious due to wallpaper. I'm looking at covering straight over the walls with new sheet to avoid mucking around with stripping wallpaper and then having to deal with the asbestos. I've looked at two options so far, gyprock or easycraft easyline panels. I've been told that gyprock while much cheaper is alot harder to hang and finish well. The easyline panels are fairly exy ($60) for a 2700X2400 but apparantly much easier to work with and finish. Just wondering if anyone can give me thoughts on which of these two options would be better, i'd like to do it all or as much as possible myself to keep costs down. Have never done a project like this before, ceiling height is 2700 and i'll be removing skirting and architraves etc. Are there other options i've overlooked or any thoughts on which of these two would be better? Appreciate any input, and let me know if you need further info.
    Cheers,
    Dan.

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

Not familiar with "easyline pannels" tried to find them on CRS site but couldn't. do you have a link ??
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

Apprentice (new member)

Hi Rod, great website by the way! Link is easyline | products | easycraft it's basically the same as the MDF VJ panels, but with a flat finish which is what we are after.

quality + reliability - 3k Club Member

I see now, really it is chalk and cheese. Depends entirely on the look you want and how much you are prepared to pay for it.

Sorry cant help you make up your mind on this one.
    GREAT PLASTERING TIPS AT

I would think easyline panels are more of a commercial product, but its horses for courses...

Those panels are pretty expensive for MDF with a tounge added - for that sort of cash I would hire a biscuit joiner and make it myself! Using gyprock is much less daunting than it looks and even after you have bought some basic plastering tools it will be much cheaper than the easyline boards - as a first time plaster, I felt pretty comfortable after the 2nd wall.