Hire the best Concreting Expert

How to remove penetrating concrete sealer residue?

Apprentice (new member)

Default How to remove penetrating concrete sealer residue?

Hi all, I recently sealed my new concrete shed slab with a lithium silicate penetrating sealer. The first couple coats soaked in fine and because I had some left over still and no where else to use it I decided to put a light third coat on. This coat did not seem to soak in as well as the first two and has left a white residue on the concrete surface. I've contacted the company but they will not reply to my emails now. I am just wondering the best and safest way to remove the residue, will a pressure washer damage the penetrating sealer at all or am I all good to give it a once over? I am looking at a pressure washer with the round head attachment for cleaning decks and whatnot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mikaile, please change your profile location, state level as a minimum, it helps with member advice.

Apprentice (new member)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaile676 View Post
    Hi all, I recently sealed my new concrete shed slab with a lithium silicate penetrating sealer. The first couple coats soaked in fine and because I had some left over still and no where else to use it I decided to put a light third coat on. This coat did not seem to soak in as well as the first two and has left a white residue on the concrete surface. I've contacted the company but they will not reply to my emails now. I am just wondering the best and safest way to remove the residue, will a pressure washer damage the penetrating sealer at all or am I all good to give it a once over? I am looking at a pressure washer with the round head attachment for cleaning decks and whatnot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there, I used a product recently which sounds like it could be pretty similar. The product I used was Shower Plug, which is used for sealing showers/tiles/grout/masonry/concrete - it is applied, then any excess is meant to be wiped off.
    If not wiped off it can apparently form a white residue, which they advise can be removed with mineral turpentine.