Hire the best Paving Experts

What direction do i lay pavers?

2K Club Member

Default What direction do i lay pavers?

i have a rectangular area i am paving, 15m x 5m, one long side is against the house and a short side is against the drive way and the other long and short side have a retaining wall to pave up to.
    what direction do i start paving from and go to?

2K Club Member

no one understand my post?? i mean what direction do i lay the pavers?? start in the far corner away from the house and lay in a fan shape outwards or just line after line working my way down the side of the house??

2K Club Member

surely someone here knows the proper way to lay pavers effectively?? cant be that hard can it??

Novice

Howdy Wozza - Dunno what pattern or what paver you got, but generally I'd start against the house where getting the paver right at the most critical point counts. (if that is the most critical point) Use string lines a lot and with a fair bit of time spent staring into the middle distance you'll probably come up trumps.

String lines are important though. Pavers can wander off out of whack quite easily. A very good site (UK) for all things paving is this -

http://www.pavingexpert.com/

wozzzzza,
    I would start in the corner of the house and drive way. If you start from the reataining wall sides, you could end up with small gaps against to house & d'way that are impossible to cut the pavers properly.By working out to the retaining walls and you find that you can not get a line of full pavers in, you can always stop short of the walls and camourflage those edges.
    I like to make sheep out of timber...WOODEN EWE

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    i have a rectangular area i am paving, 15m x 5m, one long side is against the house and a short side is against the drive way and the other long and short side have a retaining wall to pave up to.
    what direction do i start paving from and go to?
    start at the house / drive corner, hopefully the house line is nice and straight, and will help you keep everything square... the gap you are left with at the retaining walls can be filled with cut down pavers, if you cut pavers at the house or drive side it will look botched...