Hire the best Rendering Expert

After some advice on full rendering vs roll on texture coating??

Apprentice (new member)

Default After some advice on full rendering vs roll on texture coating??

Hi All, this is my first post on here, looks like a great site with lots of experienced members!

I am looking for some advice on getting this block of 5 x 2br units rendered. I am getting together some quotes for the owners corp, and want some advice on whether a full cement render is needed, or if a roll on texture coating will do? We are looking to do it as cheaply, but as effectively as possible. Obviously a full render would probably be best (??), but after some views on texture coat, or even just straight painting the bricks?? The mortar is very set back/deep on these bricks and not sure if paint alone will look any good??

Other tips on overall modernising the property would be much appreciated too!! Keep in mind we are on quite a tight budget too, talking $10-15k max!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150611_131741.pdf  

2K Club Member

After rendering you will still have the old fashioned windows and faded blinds.Perhaps you could paint all the paintwork - including the iron gate, fascias, and windows a deep blue grey (ironstone?). Then replace the blinds with new ones in the same colour as the deep grey blue trim.Then, perhaps paint the roof.

Bag and paint could be another option, as that heavy texture paint ain't cheap!
    DIY electrical house wiring details suitable for Australia - http://goo.gl/9d33T (PDF file)

Apprentice (new member)

If you cement render you have to paint as well I believe. Have you priced Rockcote render? It has the pigment of your choice added to the render so you never have to paint it, so less maintenance. I know someone who did a small studio with it and it looks great. No idea on price though.

Hammer Head - 1K Club Member

10 to 15k wont ever cover cost of painting let alone render

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Comin fm Wagga myself, I don't think you are going to get the return on your outlay from rendering. The brickwork is quite contemporary and personally I would use paint to bring the units up to date. Eg guttering and the timber on the windows, you could even change the colour of the frames by painting. Once you paint the brick once, you are committed to repaint and/or maintain forever. If the brick was gross or severely damaged or out of date, that would be a different matter. Personally, I'd use paint to modernise.