Hire the best Landscaper

New Retaining wall product

Default New Retaining wall product

Hi Guys,
    (Mods feel free to delete or move this if you guys see this as not suitable for here)
    I want to introduce you guys to a new product/method of a rendered retaining wall that is part of the Greenblock range.
    Basically, the Greenblock retaining wall is an alternative to concrete block retaining wall that exceeds the required loads of a block retaining wall by 500kg (during formal controlled testing). The Greenblock system has engineering that accompanied the testing results that allow it to retain in all soil types up to 1200mm.(required for BCA compliance)

I put this here in case someone is looking for a cost effective solution for a rendered retaining wall that will not crack or suffer from efflorescence, can be ready for render in half a day ( based on an average 20m fence) uses half the amount of corefill to concrete block. To put simply is a great option for Renovators.

There are so many ways and options for me to expand on this system as every site has its own challenges however the best way to find out more if this system interest you is to contact Greenblock.

The Website is in my signature, feel free to contact us if you have any questions via the contact form. Being such a new product I am sure there may be some questions from inquiring minds .

Cheers
    GREENBLOCKSYSTEM.COM.AU

Footing requirements?

Aprox cost per square meter (product only)?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
    Footing requirements?

Aprox cost per square meter (product only)?
    Hi there Random,
    The footings are no different to a block retaining wall and will vary in design and articulation points depending on solid types and wall design.
    The products itself will also vary depending on your location due to freight costs. I see you are in Canberra, we are expecting to have a distributer in Canberra early next year, the negotiation is confidential and for that reason I am unable to give any hints on who the new distributor is, I hope you understand.
    I can tell you how much they sell from factory to the public (SEQ). The blocks get made in up to 5m continuous lengths thats 5000mm x 200mm x 1200mm and have all the steel tied into the cavity including the starter bars and horizontal steel. Installation is the same as the original system so there is no need for screeded footings. The Greenblock retaining sell for $106 p/LM + GST. You would expect to have a full size block ready for Render within half a day using unskilled labour.
    It is also very easy to have a block on top of this to any height you like, commonly this is 1800mm high. The benefit of this system is that you only solid corefill what you need to retain, this reduces costs of concrete dramatically. Having a selective range of corefill also makes it hard to give a figure on how much the system costs however we know it is cheaper than concrete block, less time, reduced skilled labour, will not crack, will not leach efflorescence and handles substantially more load than a block wall.

Hope that clarifies a bit for you?
    Cheers
    Chris
    GREENBLOCKSYSTEM.COM.AU