Chainsaw Test - Can Electric Outcut A Gas Chainsaw?

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

Default Chainsaw Test - Can Electric Outcut A Gas Chainsaw?

Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Possibly,
    Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir

If only facebook would let me see it instead of asking me to upload a pic of myself.

1K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by phild01 View Post
    If only facebook would let me see it instead of asking me to upload a pic of myself.
    I've got a facebook account and I can see the video and I don't have a photo of myself?? I also don't have any friends on there or participate in any conversations, I don't even post photos of my food and coffee as I think it's just plain stupid . I've only got the account as a necessity as some things I want to do require a facebook account.
    Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey66 View Post
    I've got a facebook account and I can see the video and I don't have a photo of myself??
    I don'tuse facebook and recently tried opening a facebook account but it insisted I upload a self image. At that point I abandoned the registration. Now any facebook link means I can't proceed unless I upload a pic of myself. I don't believe old accounts have this issue, only new ones. Annoyingly there is no option to have facebook to forget about me.

You can open an anonymous facebook account. Google for instructions how.
    As for the electric chainsaw story by wranglerstar, it is on youtube. His"reviews" are dubious and partial. In fact I know a professional tree dude that has been operating for decades with Stihl and a gang of climbers, and he has added a bunch of electric ones now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRFXSg7So&t=626s
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    You can open an anonymous facebook account. Google for instructions how.
    As for the electric chainsaw story by wranglerstar, it is on youtube. His"reviews" are dubious and partial. In fact I know a professional tree dude that has been operating for decades with Stihl and a gang of climbers, and he has added a bunch of electric ones now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRFXSg7So&t=626s
    Agree, I stopped watching wranglerstar a few years ago as I found his reviews to be biased, project farm is the best reviewer out there, he puts heaps of time into the reviews as opposed to wrangler whe didn't do much

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9WDaTwEwhTk

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    Agree, I stopped watching wranglerstar a few years ago as I found his reviews to be biased, project farm is the best reviewer out there, he puts heaps of time into the reviews as opposed to wrangler whe didn't do much

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9WDaTwEwhTk

Interesting comparison, does he have one that compares an electric one with a gas/petrol one like the title of this thread?
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford View Post
    Interesting comparison, does he have one that compares an electric one with a gas/petrol one like the title of this thread?
    No I couldn't find one, but this one is interesting.

Agree Metrix, Project Farm is one of the most thorough reviewers out there.

That said, looking at some of the comparisons elsewhere, you would need 4 batteries to compete with a petrol saw.
    I'd love a good battery saw for general work but a good one priced at ~$800 Aus (the Echo in Project Farms review) cant come to purchasing, if they were 1/2 that price, I'd snap one up in a heart beat.

For bigger stuff, it still looks like for solid all day work, a petrol one beats the battery version every time...at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart1080 View Post
    Agree Metrix, Project Farm is one of the most thorough reviewers out there.

That said, looking at some of the comparisons elsewhere, you would need 4 batteries to compete with a petrol saw.
    I'd love a good battery saw for general work but a good one priced at ~$800 Aus (the Echo in Project Farms review) cant come to purchasing, if they were 1/2 that price, I'd snap one up in a heart beat.

For bigger stuff, it still looks like for solid all day work, a petrol one beats the battery version every time...at the moment.
    Yep, I have a small battery one, it's good just for something quick, and not disturbing neighbours, anything more than 2 cuts I grab either my Stihl or Husky.

https://www.husqvarna.com/au/forest/...ery-chainsaws/

Above is a talk about petrol or battery by a company that makes both.

The issue when talking chainsaw, is that those doing the comparison talk about domestic use of a chainsaw, meaning occasional use, firewood chopping, branches and may be one small tree in a lifetime. In the above scenario, battery chainsaw should do well. The guy I said bought a bunch of battery chainsaw, uses them, maily for the climbers and in areas where people are prone to complain about the noise. This people cut down trees of enormous proportions and the battery one go up to cut branches,the large petrol one chop down to size to feed the chipper.
    My experience with battery chainsaw is zero. I do have a Makita corded,that is sort of OK to cut some small firewood. I hate the flimsy chain tensioner.
    However, my daughter gifted me an Ozito 12v battery pruner, a small version of a reciprocating saw.
    I was surprised at how good it worked and how it took me 4 years of use to kill it. The blade attachment is now busted and as you know, Ozito no parts.

Battery will not replace large petrol chainsaw in the foreseeable future. What kind of battery is it needed to replace a 100cc two stroke motor? And if in theory it is possible with say nuclear power or fish sauce, how much is it going to cost?
    Fear is the foundation of most government.
    John Adams

Novice

The Husqvana T540 and maybe others can have an umbilical adapter so a large battery can be attached to a climber's harness.